Fuel Pump to Carb fuel line

justacruzr2

Greasemonkey
Jun 16, 2017
Midlothian, Illinois
This is a heads-up for those of you wanting to replace your fuel pump to carb fuel line on a 81-87 Grand Prix with a 305. Inline Tube only shows one fuel line available for the GP with a 305. If you have the "short pump", the pump with a shallow fuel bowl, the listing will be incorrect for your car. This is the fuel line for the "long pump", the pump with a deeper fuel bowl. The fuel line will be too long. If you look at their web pages for the Monte Carlo with the 305 you will see 2 different lines listed. The descriptions for the one will say "short pump" and for the other it will say "long pump". Why they don't show both for the GP too I don't know but I did call them to point that out and return the incorrect one. So until they correct their listing for the GP, for the short pump on a GP with a 305, use the Monte short pump line CME8103 for steel or SCME8103 for stainless. If you have the long pump, then the GP listing is correct. The CME8105 and the PLE8103 are exactly the same line.

• Useful
  • Informative
Reactions: 3 users

Sweet_Johnny

Has A Face For Radio
Supporting Member
Oct 4, 2022
Wichita, Kansas
And here I thought all of the metal lines from the pump to the carb were the same so long as the carb was too. Thanks for the info!

Reactions: 1 user

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor