BUILD THREAD G Body back half

Status
Not open for further replies.

80special

Apprentice
Oct 27, 2016
Yea a lot of sweet options on this car. The steering wheel was green many years ago lol. I plan to save all the interior and look for a 1980 to put it in. Bucket seats with center consul, all green. I plan to run the TRZ steering colum in this car with the detachable wheel so I can get in lol

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
Meats!

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

80special

Apprentice
Oct 27, 2016
Got my bumper on. Gonna support the rear quarters this weekend and maybe start metal work
still got some finishing and painting to do on the mount to make it look clean. Funny, but not funny, I never knew that the bumper mounts were oil filled lmao got one a little too hot and it shot oil acrossed the garage, On fire!! But it's all good. No damage done and lesson learned lol

Reactions: 3 users

80special

Apprentice
Oct 27, 2016
Been busy with work and family stuff so haven't had much time for online.
Got my tubs cut and started on the metal work. I decided not to go aluminum. Just easier to tack everything for me.
Also built me a core support and got a big aluminum radiator to go with it.
Got the front floor pan also and gonna have that in soon
Idk if I should butt weld it or lay it on a 1" lip and spot weld.

Reactions: 2 users

drogg1

G-Body Guru
Jan 25, 2009
Progress! Where did you get the pans from?

80special

Apprentice
Oct 27, 2016
Progress! Where did you get the pans from?
Abodies.com They sell on eBay too. This pan is damn close. I'm impressed. I think I paid like $80-85.

Attachments

• IMG_2059.JPG
    IMG_2059.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 218
Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor