G-Body back seat's

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lue

G-Body Guru
Nov 29, 2007
Los Angeles, california
I was wondering if all g-body back seats are the same. I have a 78 2dr Malibu and the back seat is really bad. I was looking in to doing a quick fix and just swapping it out with a better condition from the junk yard. Sense i'm not ready to do the interior yet, i think that this would be the cheapest way. Any ideas?

axisg

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 17, 2007
YYZ
I never had a problem with swapping in and out the rear seats between the 2 and 4 door Gbody cars. Front seats however were a little more tricky. Like when we pulled the buckets, console, and column out of a GP and put them in a 4 door Malibu the seat tracks had to be modifed because the buckets would tilt towards the middle

Sep 1, 2006
Tampa Bay Area
The rear seats in 4 doors are different from the 2 doors, at least in the formal roofline cars like the 80's Cutlass and Regal. They may work, but they will look not quite right. The carpets work however, but they have an extra piece sewn in to take up the gap between the back seat bottom and the sill plate. It comes off easily, and will then work in a 2 door.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor