G body shuffle Quarter Warp

Status
Not open for further replies.

theoldsone

G-Body Guru
Dec 26, 2014

I was just surfing the tube of you and found this video. The G-body Shuffle its Real! But take notice how the left rear quarter has a dent in the beginning. Check out the last launch at 1:51 min/sec mark. The Qurter panel dent stretches a few inches more!:eek: That's some scary stuff right there. Imagine a fresh paint job and this happens.

Reactions: 1 user

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
I wanna know why it did a one wheel peel the last burnout, but on the driver's side.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

drogg1

G-Body Guru
Jan 25, 2009
I wanna know why it did a one wheel peel the last burnout, but on the driver's side.
I was wondering the same thing...

L92 OLDS

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 30, 2012
West Michigan
Interesting....Way too much power for that chassis set up. If only the front left tire is lifting the frame is twisting too much. That Monte looked rusted underneath and I'll bet the body mounts were shot too. Looks like the posi carrier is on it's way out or maybe he used synthetic gear lube when he should have used conventional. People have different definitions of the G body shuffle. The guys on Street Outlaws say our cars move from side to side as they go down the track......The first time I experienced the shuffle was with my girlfriends new 84' Grand National. Due to rubber body mounts and frame flex, the rear end would wiggle a little on the 1-2 shift. From my experience, most G bodies do this with a firm shift and decent power.

Dayzedandkonfuzed

G-Body Guru
Feb 9, 2010
Anglemont, BC
Due to rubber body mounts and frame flex, the rear end would wiggle a little on the 1-2 shift. From my experience, most G bodies do this with a firm shift and decent power.

My car does that all the time. Also the front left tire rubs the wheel well only while braking in reverse turning right... time for a tube chassis I guess!

Blake442

Geezer
Apr 24, 2007
Minneapolis
A car with that much power needs an anti-roll bar...
I doubt there's a cage in it either.

As for the one-wheel peel, the clutches in the rear are probably on their way out.
I think it's a pretty safe bet that car gets the living piss beaten out of it...

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

theoldsone

G-Body Guru
Dec 26, 2014
Interesting....Way too much power for that chassis set up. If only the front left tire is lifting the frame is twisting too much. That Monte looked rusted underneath and I'll bet the body mounts were shot too. Looks like the posi carrier is on it's way out or maybe he used synthetic gear lube when he should have used conventional. People have different definitions of the G body shuffle. The guys on Street Outlaws say our cars move from side to side as they go down the track......The first time I experienced the shuffle was with my girlfriends new 84' Grand National. Due to rubber body mounts and frame flex, the rear end would wiggle a little on the 1-2 shift. From my experience, most G bodies do this with a firm shift and decent power.
This what the G body shuffle looks like with some traction lol. I've heard of people putting tougher springs on the right rear to keep the flex down. Sure looks cool.
He probably switched the position and negative cables to the battery and the engine runs counterclockwise now. Lol

565bbchevy

Geezer
G-Body of the Month
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
If I had a car that twisted like that I would be bringing it home to do whatever suspension mods were necessary before I stressed cracked my quarter panel.

1evilregal

Comic Book Super Hero
Apr 23, 2009
Greensboro, NC
kinda cool watching the quarter wrinkle up in slo-mo at the end of the video! :eek:

FastCraig

Master Mechanic
Sep 11, 2017
Huntington, WV
My SS is pretty squirrely. It does not like to go in a straight line and kind of dances. Never heard of the G body shuffle until I saw this post. My car has about 425 HP and no frame upgrades. The car has a dealer installed T top which makes the car even more flexible. I was in my garage, on the phone a few days ago, admiring the profile of the Monte and noticed a shift in the light over the opera window. I thought it was a smudge initially and tried to rub it off. It is creased. I checked the other side and it is creased too. The fenders are still mostly straight but there is evidence of flexing. I cannot get it to show in pictures. Very subtle to the eye but you can feel the ripple. I was already wanting to upgrade the frame but it went up the priority list.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor