Not open for further replies.
I'll bite!
IMG_8028.jpg

IMG_7992.jpg

IMG_8142.jpg

86 Monte Carlo Ls
355 SBC

mid 12 second car?

Thius is a interesting month for sure........I would like to see the E.T. of the cars included...This month might make me get the "little" things done (swap to electric fans, manual steering box) so I could also enter.... Hmmmmm 8)

JBreu said:
Thius is a interesting month for sure........I would like to see the E.T. of the cars included...This month might make me get the "little" things done (swap to electric fans, manual steering box) so I could also enter.... Hmmmmm 8)

JBreu I was looking at your sig, what's up with your et? You should be faster than that. Do you know what your car weighs?

wish I could enter, I race the GP alot during the summer... But it's primarily a road car. And I'm too slow for a cage

I'm not prejudice on a cage. Post em up.
I like to call mine a street car too..... I mean, I do drive it to church on Sundays sometimes. Slicks and all.
Yes really.....

Chris Van said:
I'm not prejudice on a cage. Post em up.
I like to call mine a street car too..... I mean, I do drive it to church on Sundays sometimes. Slicks and all.
Yes really.....

X2 your in the 13's so to me that's fast enough to justify it.

lol... the support is great, I really appreciate it!
but in all fairness, I don't think I should submit my car, it's just not race dedicated. In terms of intended use, I can compare to JBreu's Monte... it's dedicated for fun street venturing, but has some goodies to have fun on the track as well.

maybe in a while once I get my new converter in and get larger gearing and new slicks, I could start to consider it a track use car. I don't think it would be fair right now to enter this contest.

... but, if JBreu enters his, I may consider :wink:

khan0165 said:
lol... it's just not race dedicated. In terms of intended use, I can compare to JBreu's Monte... it's dedicated for fun street venturing, but has some goodies to have fun on the track as well.
:wink:

That's where my Cutlass started out too. I was usually fortunate enough to have a race car to drive and the Cutlass just acquired leftover parts from those and evolved over the years to what it is now. I've owned this car for 23 years now so it has had time to evolve......LOL
While I still like to call it a street car, it's a little obnoxious for the street with 3 1/2" bullets and turndowns for mufflers....LOL

well, unfortunately for my wallet, the race bug has bit me... last and this year have been more expensive in hopes to go faster. But I have to say, I'm playing cautiously so far. Trying to maintain the drivetrain I have and just tune and tweek specific components to squeeze a little ET at a time.

the torque converter was the big purchase. I hope it will remedy the missmatched combo and the motor will come closer to it's potential. The engine refresh... well... that wasn't totally necessary, I just got carried away there. My only other plan is to match rear gearing with the cam this motor has. These 3.42s are great for daily use, but just don't cut it for track use.

my only track oriented modifications have been the shifter, driveshaft loop, the old used slicks, and the front skinnies. I've recently taken off the front sway bar, yet to see how it behaves without that.

... but I think it's slowly taking the path your Cutlass took. If I keep it long enough, who knows... :mrgreen:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor