Get anything done on your car this weekend?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blake442

Geezer
Apr 24, 2007
Minneapolis
www.cardomain.com
I know quite a few of you went junkyarding, but who stayed home and worked on their junk? :lol:

I slacked off saturday, but today I finally swapped out the rear springs that have been sagging since I bought the car 8 years ago. I got a set of brand new cargo coils off ebay for $20, so I thought I'd give them a shot. It's hard to tell on my crooked driveway, but it sits up better now, and is more obvious when the car is in the level garage. Still need new shocks though...

Before
3895230075_large.jpg

After
3895230078_large.jpg

I also finally installed the rear seat X-braces I bought.
3895230077_large.jpg

So what'd you guys get done?

I spent Sunday morning at my buddy's tire shop with my El Camino. Got a pair of 275/60 TA's mounted on my 8 inch rally wheels to replace the off-brand 275/60 rears. Front 235/60 TA's got remounted on 8 inch rallys. Had them on 7 inch wheels for a while, but with 4 1/4 BS wheels, the inside sidewalls were rubbing on the frame rail. Clearances are real tight everywhere, but so far no rubbing. The TA's seem to have a fatter sidewall profile. so we may wind up trimming the rear wheel opening lips a bit just for some tolerance. Thanks to my background in autocross and circle track racing, I keep trying to stuff more rubber in the wheelwells of my cars. I think we might have reached the limit on this one.

Bill

Well... I drove mine around the block once before it started acting up. I am thinking about a wonderful day of junkyarding, or sleeping today...can't decide which to do...

Friday nites races were real nice and our race car only suffered some minor tin damage when it got jacked up and spun on turn 1 so not having to work on the race car on Saturday I picked up some parts for the standard transmission and I installed tie rod adjusters made for me by a local machine shop who also runs a late model at the track we run at. Sunday I picked up a 5.7 L98 that is supposed to be a roller and it has the serpentine belt set up with all the components including a 140 amp alternator, I'll be changing the heads for a set of vortecs along with a nice cam and that along with the T5 wc should move the car a little better than it moves now..it's tempting to do more with the engine but it's a daily driver and I don't own any shares in a gas company.... :?

i swapped transmissions but yet again no luck

Finished the motor/trans swap on the T Type and actually drove it out of the garage under its own power. Got it up to operating temp and got all the bubbles out of the cooling system. Made sure all the fluids were good and buttoned up all the little tidbits. If it hadnt rained i would have taken her for a ride, hopefully its nice when i get off work at 4.

my cutlass suffered sitting in rain and sun for three days,but i waxed it twice and got a hood and trunk for it sunday

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor