Getting fed up ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
check your pvc valve, if that is defective or the worng one you'd be surprised how much oil you can go through.

Reactions: 2 users

GuysMonteSS

Royal Smart Person
May 21, 2011
Kentville,Nova Scotia,Canada
When using a synthetic oil in an engine that already had an oil consumption issue or smoking it will always become worse.

The synthetic lubes so well that it is able to get into places the conventional oil could not, or could get into those places a lot easier.

I personalty go by a simple rule if it was born on synthetic keep it on synthetic if it was born on conventional keep it of conventional.

Yeah,I'm kicking my *ss now (n)
Guy

GuysMonteSS

Royal Smart Person
May 21, 2011
check your pvc valve, if that is defective or the worng one you'd be surprised how much oil you can go through.

Thanks Steve,I have one of these adjustable ones from ME Wagner;
http://mewagner.com/?p=444
And I just checked it over a couple of weeks ago.
But just for sh*ts and giggles maybe I will put the old one back in.
Guy

Reactions: 1 user

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
Thanks Steve,I have one of these adjustable ones from ME Wagner;
http://mewagner.com/?p=444
And I just checked it over a couple of weeks ago.
But just for sh*ts and giggles maybe I will put the old one back in.
Guy

That looks like a nice valve, if the line is sucking in oil you'd see it on the inside of the vacuum line.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
One other thing you can look at is the intake gaskets, if they are failing oil can be sucked into the head's ports

• Agree

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Rig up a catch can.

If you can afford a $130 gimmick PCV - you can spend $29.99 on a catch can from China. Jam some coarse scrub pads in there and see what it collects.

• Agree

-83MONTESS-

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 4, 2010
Bellevue, Ohio
Believe me I know your pain all too well. I spent all winter and early spring thrashing on the monte to get it ready only for it to lose oil pressure on the 2nd drive of the year. Hopefully its something simple

Reactions: 1 users

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
I you want a catch can I bought one but since the problem I had is fixed I no longer need it. It's a SickSpeed that had no baffles so I made some baffles and installed them. I plan on sending the steering shaft this Monday or Tuesday so let me know if you want it and I'll include it. This is it here

$_59.JPG

GuysMonteSS

Royal Smart Person
May 21, 2011
Rig up a catch can.

If you can afford a $130 gimmick PCV - you can spend $29.99 on a catch can from China. Jam some coarse scrub pads in there and see what it collects.

Actually I bought one the same time I bought the gimmicky PCV.
Just never got around to putting it on.
Guy

GuysMonteSS

Royal Smart Person
May 21, 2011
I you want a catch can I bought one but since the problem I had is fixed I no longer need it. It's a SickSpeed that had no baffles so I made some baffles and installed them. I plan on sending the steering shaft this Monday or Tuesday so let me know if you want it and I'll include it. This is it here

$_59.JPG

Thanks Steve,I did buy one a year or two ago,just haven't hooked it up yet.
I have a Trick Flow model,here;
https://www.summitracing.com/int/parts/tfs-51400850/overview/
I don't know if it would fix the problem that I am experiencing.
Somehow I don't think so,but it might.
Part of the reason I haven't installed it is because I don't want to clutter up my engine compartment.
Guy

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor