Getting the F' Outta Dodge.

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
Nah, you were right. I am more of a Rick Green, a cheap knockoff of the original.

Trailer Park Boys Ricky GIF by NETFLIX
Where you're moving there no need to hide your dark amber inside a salad dressing bottle. Heck, they won't think twice to see you embracing a tree and guzzling it's raw sticky sap

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Thanks for all the kind, and sarcastic, words folks. We appreciate the good vibes. My Mom is pissed, and my brother is prattling on about "masks good"; I am like: "rednecks better". Yes, muh freedums... and especially my children's. Natasha's family out West is understandably stoked.

Work has green lit the move. They aren't paying for it, but at least they aren't holding us over a barrel for keeping our jobs.

Game On GIF by memecandy

• Winner
  • Haha
Reactions: 8 users

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
Thanks for all the kind, and sarcastic, words folks. We appreciate the good vibes. My Mom is pissed, and my brother is prattling on about "masks good"; I am like: "rednecks better". Yes, muh freedums... and especially my children's. Natasha's family out West is understandably stoked.

Work has green lit the move. They aren't paying for it, but at least they aren't holding us over a barrel for keeping our jobs.

Game On GIF by memecandy
Any idea on whether you'll be able to complete the relocation before the weather goes downhill?

CopperNick

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Feb 20, 2018
Canada
Gotta agree with Mikester. Age and injury tend to make a body want to be close to the human body repair shop.

Saskatchewan is an interesting province. Were i looking, I think I'd stay closer to the Manitoba side of things right now. The place, to plagiarize a movie, is hot, damn hot. It also gets tornadoes in the summer and the odd snowstorm or two in the winter and either too much rain or too little of the stuff. Lest I sound like I am down on the place, it is also home to a major number of my relatives on my Ma's side and they have been making a living out of turning seed into profit for 3 generations now. There is also a lot of high tech companies floating around out there.

Second, or third, the idea of scoring a used sea can and loading your parts into it for the trip west. Down your way you should be able to buy one outright and, once it gets delivered, you have instant storage or the makings of a new shop. There are even guys who make a living out of taking two or three of the old 48 footers, setting them on a concrete slab, welding and bolting them together, and cutting away sections of the now internal walls to create a house! Watched the whole process on one of those tree hugger off the grid House and Renovation shows and the basic perimeter shell was up and running in a weekend. Get land with a good river and you can use a tunnel drive turbine to generate power. Solar panels aren't cheap but the right kind can get you off the grid completely. You can also go thermo heat exchange and use the ambient difference in the ground temperature to heat your house in the winter and cool it in the summer. Works about the same as a diesel sized radiator, only bigger.

And the kicker is that there are lots of old car yards with interesting hulks in them just waiting to become projects. Start your own recycling facility and specialize in G-Bodies!! I have a list of desired bits that I would love to locate and score up here in the Land of the Not so Frozen Chosen.

Nick

Reactions: 3 users

CopperNick

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Feb 20, 2018
Canada
If you plan on moving some of it yourself, just as an FYI, there is ongoing highway construction between Nipigon, Ontario and Thunder Bay, Ontario, and out towards the Manitoba/Ontario border at Kenora. All this is on Highway 17 West. You can't avoid it by taking Northern 11; it dumps down right into Nipigon and there you are. The only other concern to be aware of is the smoke from all the forest fires. Air quality varies on a daily basis. It rained today, here on the lake, but not enough. Have a safe one and write when you find work!! LOL.

Nick

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Any idea on whether you'll be able to complete the relocation before the weather goes downhill?

Maybe. We may be in a rental with our crap in storage. Or we will be in a permanent residence. Who knows?

On the "shop" side of things. I just want a nice safe home, if it has sufficient space for the cars and another garage-mahal great. If not, I will just use the corporation to rent an industrial unit or two and write it all off.

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
Rental is probably a good plan A. Sell and relocate ASAP but no need to rush on the purchase.

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
I am like: "rednecks better". Yes, muh freedums... and especially my children's. Natasha's family out West is understandably stoked.
Best thing I've read all month.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor