Getting the F' Outta Dodge.

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
FWIW: hopefully the pain families like yours go though at least helps prevent disease complications for the national health and it isn't all for nothing. That's about the only thing that could make things worse.

Down here its a major league sh!tshow.

Schools have masks, but bars and restaurants go full bore and they're having open movie filming in the streets full of out of towners. Businesses have cookouts in parking lots for appreciation events.

Meanwhile, we're at highest hospitalization ever, our transmission index (pro-rata amount per 100k residents that are catching the virus) is over 1,000 on a 7 day average, meaning each week over 1% gets sick. Next weeks numbers will be much worse, we had over 0.5% test positive yesterday alone. Meanwhile, our minority population (which, in the county-wide basis is a majority) drives overall vaccination rates down to about 40% due to unwillingness to take a jab or follow public health guidelines.
Last week I coached the better half step by step through who to email, what to say, and what to... she says threaten, I said give a heads up over, but end of it all was within 5 days we got her assigned to a different unit and full-virtual job functions instead of in person.

Wish we had your ability to GTFO as fast, not in our cards unfortunately. But, got a full stocked bar, a chest freezer full of meat, a vegetable garden, and many many months worth of pills. So, we don't need to go anywhere, for anything. Let the morons get each other sick as f*.

Reactions: 1 user

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
First quote to transport 5 vehicles (everything less Natasha's Colorado) is in: $9,150.00 Canuck bucks. That is fully enclosed and door to door, same company that imported the wagon in 2013 (when I still had hair).

1.jpg

Oof.

Who's bright idea was this again?

Believe it or not, it is actually more cost and time effective than a bunch of flights, driving, hotels, hassles and risk.

Reactions: 6 users

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
First quote to transport 5 vehicles (everything less Natasha's Colorado) is in: $9,150.00 Canuck bucks. That is fully enclosed and door to door, same company that imported the wagon in 2013 (when I still had hair).

View attachment 181430

Oof.

Believe it or not, it is actually more cost and time effective than a bunch of flights, driving, hotels, hassles and risk.
How about selling Natasha's cars? 1) you save cost on not moving them. That's gotta knock 1/3off the cost. 2) the leftover proceeds from selling her cars pays to ship yours. 3) less storage needs on the back end when you get there.

Win - win - win.

Besides, if she's gonna work remotely she doesn't need to drive anyways

• Haha

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
How about selling Natasha's cars? 1) you save cost on not moving them. That's gotta knock 1/3off the cost. 2) the leftover proceeds from selling her cars pays to ship yours. 3) less storage needs on the back end when you get there.

Win - win - win.

Besides, if she's gonna work remotely she doesn't need to drive anyways

I am not looking to live in a separate (dog) house in a province I have only ever been to once.

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
I am not looking to live in a separate (dog) house in a province I have only ever been to once.
Maybe slip the transport guy $500 to make the car you hate working on the most fall off the truck?

Or, can you have someone distract the driver while you loosen some tie-downs?

Soooo many options to choose from in so little time.

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Maybe slip the transport guy $500 to make the car you hate working on the most fall off the truck?

Or, can you have someone distract the driver while you loosen some tie-downs?

Soooo many options to choose from in so little time.

Their insured value makes all those options very tempting. Also...

Scared On Fire GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

Feedback we're getting seems like we're selling at about the best time possible. Praying for a bidding war.

Reactions: 2 users

Northernregal

Sloppy McRodbender
Oct 24, 2017
Red Deer, Northern Montana territory

View attachment 181430

Oof.

I know a guy with a truck, who only works part time... He's probably cheaper.

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
I know a guy with a truck, who only works part time... He's probably cheaper.

Send the details. Anything to potentially help is appreciated from y'all out West. Like where to buy large hats and chaps and the like.

wynona's big brown beaver cowboys GIF by Primus

• Haha

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero
Mike, I feel you. Those are similar reasons I moved a few years ago (minus covid) to a state forest on 15 acre at 2100ft elevation. Good luck in your endeavors, I'll be following your thread.

Northernregal

Sloppy McRodbender
Oct 24, 2017
Red Deer, Northern Montana territory
Send the details. Anything to potentially help is appreciated from y'all out West. Like where to buy large hats and chaps and the like.

wynona's big brown beaver cowboys GIF by Primus's big brown beaver cowboys GIF by Primus
I haven't worn my riding chaps and hat since high school bull riding, that service will be an extra charge.

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor