Getting the F' Outta Dodge.

Ugly1

Royal Smart Person
Oct 26, 2021
Lost in the woods of NH
Right now the biggest PITA (other than the temps which are mitigated by good clothing) are the snow drifts. The wind direction changes often enough (snow fall to snow fall) that where the blowing snow gathers changes. Causing my "neighbour's" snow to become my snow. That is a challenge. The snow isn't the wet-heavy or lake-effect stuff from out East, it is usually powder - just don't leave it because it will solidify. I will definitely be putting in some snow fencing next year or contracting the work out (as much as I would like a piece of heavy equipment).

Natasha just put a couple of hours in to opening up the parking pad at the house. I have to go out and clear a lane way for back-to-school tomorrow. Oh joy.
Need a big snowblower and throw it back at the neighbors?

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Need a big snowblower and throw it back at the neighbors?

I have some friends in the RCAF, maybe I can arrange a (frozen) water bomber run or two?

Our problem is we are one of the lowest properties in the area so things blow in and settle here... so I am learning.

Reactions: 1 user

Supercharged111

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 25, 2019
Colorado Springs, CO
I have some friends in the RCAF, maybe I can arrange a (frozen) water bomber run or two?

Our problem is we are one of the lowest properties in the area so things blow in and settle here... so I am learning.

My little lot sits at the "peak" of our street and our bushes always collect everyone else's dead leaves and garbage. I'm curious to see what a Spring thaw looks like for you now. Do you have drainage all set up out there?

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
My little lot sits at the "peak" of our street and our bushes always collect everyone else's dead leaves and garbage. I'm curious to see what a Spring thaw looks like for you now. Do you have drainage all set up out there?

Yeah, we have two large sloughs on the property, everything is down hill and away from the house.

Reactions: 2 users

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas

Rktpwrd

Builder of Cool Shjt
Supporting Member
Feb 2, 2015
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
  • Agree
  • Haha
Reactions: 6 users

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
  • Agree
  • Haha
Reactions: 3 users

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor