Getting the F' Outta Dodge.

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
You almost need to turn the AC off in your truck....

View attachment 189291
Whelp... at least you acknowledge TX as a country :ROFLMAO:

Tease at your own risk.. i THOUGHT about posting a shot of our over isn't temps in thr 70s. Then thought better of it.. Better watch out they don't send Chuck Norris after you...

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
When I was in New England I dropped a rear gas tank, full, that had contaminated gas in it in an 88 cutlass classic. It was Thanksgiving morning, and low temps, probably 10-15 degrees out lying on a trash bag in the snow. On the side of a reside tial street. About 45 minutes from home.

Wouldn't have been so bad except no gloves. Hard to hold those freezing cold tools in numb hands.

WhyTF am I looking at large tracts of land back out that way again, land of cold and rust?

• Haha

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
  • Agree

Ugly1

Royal Smart Person
Oct 26, 2021
Lost in the woods of NH
When I was in New England I dropped a rear gas tank, full, that had contaminated gas in it in an 88 cutlass classic. It was Thanksgiving morning, and low temps, probably 10-15 degrees out lying on a trash bag in the snow. On the side of a reside tial street. About 45 minutes from home.

Wouldn't have been so bad except no gloves. Hard to hold those freezing cold tools in numb hands.

WhyTF am I looking at large tracts of land back out that way again, land of cold and rust?
I’m in NH, and because it’s pretty? And depending on location too. Smaller the town the more they let you do your thing and don’t tell you that you can’t do that!

Reactions: 1 user

ssn696

Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary
  • Haha
Reactions: 1 user

Hurricane77

Master Mechanic
Nov 11, 2020
Ottawa, Canada
The weather out on the prairies is part of the reason I left. But the issue isn't the amount of snow, I'm sure Mike dealt with much more snow out in Ottawa. It's the ball shriveling temps while you're trying to clean.

Yes, the temps can drop when the sun comes up. The temps can also swing 20-30C in a 24 hour period, which is a bigger variation than some of you southerners will experience in a whole year

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
The weather out on the prairies is part of the reason I left. But the issue isn't the amount of snow, I'm sure Mike dealt with much more snow out in Ottawa. It's the ball shriveling temps while you're trying to clean.

Yes, the temps can drop when the sun comes up. The temps can also swing 20-30C in a 24 hour period, which is a bigger variation than some of you southerners will experience in a whole year

Right now the biggest PITA (other than the temps which are mitigated by good clothing) are the snow drifts. The wind direction changes often enough (snow fall to snow fall) that where the blowing snow gathers changes. Causing my "neighbour's" snow to become my snow. That is a challenge. The snow isn't the wet-heavy or lake-effect stuff from out East, it is usually powder - just don't leave it because it will solidify. I will definitely be putting in some snow fencing next year or contracting the work out (as much as I would like a piece of heavy equipment).

Natasha just put a couple of hours in to opening up the parking pad at the house. I have to go out and clear a lane way for back-to-school tomorrow. Oh joy.

Reactions: 2 users

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor