GM lover, i urge all of you now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
On the other hand, if the Big 3 go BK, how many people will buy a vehicle if they don't know if the company will be around....could lead to a collapse, along with suppliers who are equipped to handle high volumes, etc etc etc. Next years unemployment will be high, very high....you may lose your job and have a tough time finding another. I'm just saying....

srercrcr said:
On the other hand, if the Big 3 go BK, how many people will buy a vehicle if they don't know if the company will be around....could lead to a collapse, along with suppliers who are equipped to handle high volumes, etc etc etc. Next years unemployment will be high, very high....you may lose your job and have a tough time finding another. I'm just saying....

That's a good point Steve. The majority of the economy is confidence. If there isnt any, people will not buy their products, or spend any money. It'll put us further down the hole.

If the .gov is going to bailout the homeowners and banks who made bad decisions to save our economy, then we should bailout or at least loan them the funds to try and help the big 3 for the overall well being of our economy. On top of that there needs to be a level playing field tax-wise and by reducing the Unions stranglehold on the US industry.

Otherwise I see them filing BK and going under. They will be bought out for pennies on the dollar by some multinational corporation and pretty soon the American auto industry will be a thing of the past.

Well, Bernake has decided NOT to bailout homeowners. So, the whole premise for the bailout was a big, fat lie. Instead, they are buying shares in banks. I find it amazing that we were sold such a load of bullshit.

As for the automakers, there is no sense propping them up unless they have a viable product to sell. I think the reality is that they need to shut down some more plants to stop the bleeding. There is no sense making more cars if you can't sell the inventory you already have. These are corporations, not make-work programs for factory workers.

i am pretty sure that people will still buy american cars no matter what happens if they are still here. i am a die hard gm fan and will only buy gm cars period, i will not buy a import for many reasons so saying that no one is going to buy their cars is a crock. most everyone that i know would take american over import any day of the week, maybe we are just a bunch of tards who do not want to support foreign companies???

Dad just bought a 2004 Silverado with 40,000 miles. The first day the wiper fell off, the tank vapor sensor went and a week later the transmission valve body took a sh*t.

1. American quality SUCKS
2. They are not keeping up with practical demand
3. High paid execs. are just there to bleed the American public to put money in their pockets by producing wannabe China crap by desecrating the American reputation.
4. Unions have destroyed the Auto industry as well as others

The US Government just denied the big 3 a loan to keep the business going. 8)
Toyota employs more than GM so the Govt. doesn't care anymore, they are fed up with shady top executive crap hence why the 700 billion hasn't gone anywhere. What is going to adventually happen is GM will fail, Govt. won't care and will be replaced by compatent companies who can produce a good product here in America be it foreign or not.

The next administration is not going to give that money to any company after what AIG and GM did by spending rediulous amounts of money on company excursions while asking for a loan, living like a fat cat in this ecomomy shows no respect for America, period. It's a slap in the face to taxpayers.
That money will adventually go to the American people and small buisness owners and foreign investors who want to create jobs here in America.

I could care less about GM/American vehicles, they died in 1988 and I will never own an American car newer than 1988.

DEATH TO GM, Ford and Chrysler... I hope they go under to teach them a lesson, I hate their stylings and the performace sucks. Their auxillary services will be allocated elsewhere in the US.

My best friend will only buy Pontiacs, a new one every 4 years. This is because his dad is one of the old "Buy American" warbirds. He would still buy a Pontiac even if they made a model called the Pontiac Shitpiece. And a few of his Pontiacs were just that.

Now if everybody had that same brand loyalty, the American companies would never have to bother with a higher bar. They would still be producing the same "quality LOL" they did in the late 70's when the Japanese companies started making headway.

Let's see what happens in the next few days. Good chance Your GM might become a DF- Dong Feng. Sad as it is, that would be GM's best hope right now to remain in existence and keep people employed for the long term. (Not just until bailout money ran out.) DF can buy GM and Chrysler right now for what would be pocket change to them. It's already well known that bailout money will not help GM. Their workers better plan on the company either being bought out (and the end of their UAW contracts) or being out of work in January.

-UT-

Uncletruck said:
My best friend will only buy Pontiacs, a new one every 4 years. This is because his dad is one of the old "Buy American" warbirds. He would still buy a Pontiac even if they made a model called the Pontiac Shitpiece. And a few of his Pontiacs were just that.

Now if everybody had that same brand loyalty, the American companies would never have to bother with a higher bar. They would still be producing the same "quality LOL" they did in the late 70's when the Japanese companies started making headway.

Let's see what happens in the next few days. Good chance Your GM might become a DF- Dong Feng. Sad as it is, that would be GM's best hope right now to remain in existence and keep people employed for the long term. (Not just until bailout money ran out.) DF can buy GM and Chrysler right now for what would be pocket change to them. It's already well known that bailout money will not help GM. Their workers better plan on the company either being bought out (and the end of their UAW contracts) or being out of work in January.

-UT-

I LOVE all the reactions, ... they all make sense.
looking back at my "urgent" post for you all to vote for a bailout, well.... its more for the overall effect it would have on people if they go "under". i couldnt agree more though, with what all of ya said about the bloated CEO salaries, antiquated unions and all that stuff. and how bout those private jets? morons. i STILL dont wanna see anyone lose their jobs or see any of the big 3 go away.

i guess a selfish part of me is more "upset" cause i grew up on american cars and loyalty. mustangs, my dads firebirds [pre-84!] his camaro, my impala and now my two MONTES, which i adore like kids. and im in denial sometimes that sh*t has gotten so bad.

i only hope we all look back sooner than later and say "wow, that was a real mess. we made it."

thats all i ask for and i KNOW it will be rough.... but..
🙂

VINCE

A friend of mine has a 1 ton Chevy diesel pickup, a vehicle you think would be built durably. He has just turned 100,000 miles, and has gone through several driver's door handles, the interior plastic is falling to pieces, it's already blown an injector pump, the doors won't shut, the front suspension needs work, etc. On the other hand, my 306,000 mile Nissan Frontier (made in New Smyrna, Tennessee) still has no door sag, the door handles are original, and it has very few squeaks or rattles of any kind (one that I can't find). It's also a pizza delivery truck and has been since new, so the door has been open and shut more than the Chevy probably by a factor of 1,000. Why did GM build such awful hinges and door handles? Is it because they expected to make more money by selling replacement parts at very regular intervals? You can't blame the end consumer for deciding to look elsewhere when you shoveled sh*t out the factory door for so long. GM had the opportunity to fix these problems a long time ago when people still bought their products. They instead chose short term profit over long term customer satisfaction. This is why they are going out of business. What is sad is that they were finally starting to come around and make good cars again. Had they done this 10 years ago they would not be in this situation now.

Appliances in your kitchen get 10-15 years life. Why would you expect otherwise from your vehicle?
I drive a 25 year old pickup that has no heater, has wipers that work sometimes...but I'm OK with that. She's 25 years old!! She starts right up and gets me 20 mpg hwy. I buy American cause I want my fellow Americans to work. We will all be prosperous. What are you gonna do if the COMMUNIST Chinese buy out GM and decide to start flexing muscles. Ah... your tank-producing factories now have Chinese managers!

Actually, my kitchen appliances are 29 years old (original to the house). I don't expect a car to last forever, but I won't buy one that nickel and dimes me to death either. My truck was built with American labor and it's a great product. The thing is, it takes the same amount of materials to build a good car as a bad one, so why did GM fail to properly design the small things so that they lasted? I am all for keeping American jobs, but not at the expense of my own financial future. Oh, and BTW, my truck still has ice cold A/C and the wiper motor works perfectly and is original. It also has a big stereo as I consider that mandatory in a beater.

A neighbor of mine has a Chrysler Mini van that's maybe 5 years old. It has less than 100k on it, but yet they have spent $4,000 in repairs over the last 2 years. I don't think I have spent that on repairs in 10 years and 300k even if I include all the maintenance items! That sort of expense kills the budgets of working class people. That is why people pay more to drive a Honda than comparable cars. They don't need to worry about it, and in the end it is cheaper to buy the more reliable car than to pay mechanics to keep repairing a poorly designed car.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor