GNX2 Has Arrived(July 11, 2011 Update)

Status
Not open for further replies.

kingcolbert83

G-Body Guru
Mar 26, 2008
Re: GNX2 Has Arrived(June 27, 2011 Update)

The vents, gauge cluster bezel, and dash plaque will be sprayed same color as the seats.

dream on mcss

G-Body Guru
Jun 22, 2011
Oxford, MI

kingcolbert83 said:
The vents, gauge cluster bezel, and dash plaque will be sprayed same color as the seats.

Nice job! The dash doesn't look too bad its just the glossy color. If you made it less glossy it would probably look much better. Other than that, it looks like its coming along great!

kingcolbert83

G-Body Guru
Mar 26, 2008

dream on mcss said:
kingcolbert83 said:

Nice job! The dash doesn't look too bad its just the glossy color. If you made it less glossy it would probably look much better. Other than that, it looks like its coming along great!

Yea your right I guess I am just not used to the glossy dash. I sprayed flat black first and it looked like :puke: . I went over that with semi gloss and that is what you see now. I couldnt find the satin black anywhere around here.

kingcolbert83

G-Body Guru
Mar 26, 2008
DSCN2660.jpg

Just received another piece. Electric pop trunk kit. I will get this installed when I get my alarm put on. That way they can tie it in with the remote.

kingcolbert83

G-Body Guru
Mar 26, 2008
Got a little more motivation on the car. I started priming it and finally got it to move under its own power the other day. I am having some fueling issues and a transmission leak I am trying to pinpoint.

[youtube]=mhee[/youtube]

dream on mcss

G-Body Guru
Jun 22, 2011
Oxford, MI
kingcolbert83 said:
Got a little more motivation on the car. I started priming it and finally got it to move under its own power the other day. I am having some fueling issues and a transmission leak I am trying to pinpoint.

Glad to hear its up and running! I was starting to wonder what you were up to. So if I'm right, you're sticking with the 400? How is that turning out? Also, about the dash, since you said you don't like the black too much, you should go with gray to make it look more like a GN interior.
DSC05185Large.jpg

kingcolbert83

G-Body Guru
Mar 26, 2008
dream on mcss said:
kingcolbert83 said:

Glad to hear its up and running! I was starting to wonder what you were up to. So if I'm right, you're sticking with the 400? How is that turning out? Also, about the dash, since you said you don't like the black too much, you should go with gray to make it look more like a GN interior.
DSC05185Large.jpg

The motor turned out to be a 305 or 350. I havent looked into seeing which one it is yet. The dash was originally grey. I decided to do a black interior so that is why I sprayed it. I guess I should change the heading on this build since I probably wont be going the turbo route with this car.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor