GNX2 Has Arrived(July 11, 2011 Update)

Status
Not open for further replies.

kingcolbert83

G-Body Guru
Mar 26, 2008
Picked up a new regal today. This car will be all black with no chrome, black tinted windows, and all black staggered rims or possibly black centers with chrome lips. I will start my list of parts to collect and my plans for motor and drivetrain. They guy says it has a sbc 400 in it that runs but I haven't gotten a chance to check and see if it does and if so how good.

Should I keep the 400(if thats what it is), caddy 500, ls series engines? I really want to do a sleeper turbo build this time around but the way my old regal sounded I'm kinda biased toward big blocks with choppy cam. Its just something about big blocks.

For transmission I am thinking 4l80e or a t5. T5 will allow me to run more gear but I want to build another beast with all the creature comforts. My last regal had no air, heat, or power steering.

DSCN2352.jpg

DSCN2345.jpg

DSCN2350.jpg

DSCN2351.jpg

DSCN2349.jpg

papabearxl

Royal Smart Person
Sep 2, 2008
Parrottsville, TN
Re: GNX2 Has Arrived(Feb. 23, 2001)

Cool score! The Cadillacs already have low compression, so would be a perfect candidate from the start, I would think........whatever you do, good luck and keep us updated!

J.Rod22

Greasemonkey
Oct 4, 2009
Georgia

I sale that regal in the junk yard last week. How much did you pay for it?

85Frankencar

Greasemonkey
May 17, 2010
Indy

Nice score! That looks really clean for being a junkyard car...can't wait to see the build, whatever you decide to do...

kingcolbert83

G-Body Guru
Mar 26, 2008

papabearxl said:
Cool score! The Cadillacs already have low compression, so would be a perfect candidate from the start, I would think........whatever you do, good luck and keep us updated!

I will do of course like I did with my other build :) I know where a lead is on a 500 that is not running. I loved the torque in my big block buick so I can only imagine the torque of the caddy.

kingcolbert83

G-Body Guru
Mar 26, 2008

Jeezycol said:

I talked him to 750. He said it was running but he dropped the price down a little because some people had stolen some parts off of it. I thought about parting it out but I really wanted one of these body styles. Did he tell you any info on it? Carter is usually pretty straight up. Also did you see that pontiac lemans? The body on that was A1

kingcolbert83

G-Body Guru
Mar 26, 2008

85Frankencar said:
Nice score! That looks really clean for being a junkyard car...can't wait to see the build, whatever you decide to do...

Thanks. Yea it is pretty nice shape. Just wondering if I want to get into the motor since it is suppose to be a good running motor but I will see.

J.Rod22

Greasemonkey
Oct 4, 2009
Georgia

kingcolbert83 said:
Jeezycol said:

I talked him to 750. He said it was running but he dropped the price down a little because some people had stolen some parts off of it. I thought about parting it out but I really wanted one of these body styles. Did he tell you any info on it? Carter is usually pretty straight up. Also did you see that pontiac lemans? The body on that was A1

Yeah that's why I asked how much you paid for it because I went there looking for an engine and popped the hood on that car and seen the bigorange engine but alot of parts were missing. But you got it for cheap he seems like he likes to overprice stuff. I didn't see the lemans but I saw a brand new looking monte ss I almost broke my neck when I saw it out the corner of my eye and turned around because I thought it was a grand national at first when I seen all the black lol.

kingcolbert83

G-Body Guru
Mar 26, 2008
Re: GNX2 Has Arrived(Feb. 23, 2011)

85RegalWi said:
Can't wait to see the after shot's of this!!

It will be a long process but will be done right. I just gotta figure some things out as far as taking the motor out and going big block or just riding whats in it if it is a good motor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor