Go pro inside intake manifold

Status
Not open for further replies.

Supercharged111

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 25, 2019
Colorado Springs, CO
I'm a fan of inline 6 cylinder engines but know nothing about those.
Simplicity and strength of extra main bearing caps for the win.

The RB has its issues, but they can be built to take serious power. The SR is a 4 banger and has its issues too, but again tough and can be built quite strong. Plus they're small and aluminum so make excellent retrofits to the older Datsuns as the engine can sit behind the front axle centerline.

• Agree
Reactions: 3 users

kornball426

Royal Smart Person
May 29, 2009
Philadelphia, PA.
The RB has its issues, but they can be built to take serious power. The SR is a 4 banger and has its issues too, but again tough and can be built quite strong. Plus they're small and aluminum so make excellent retrofits to the older Datsuns as the engine can sit behind the front axle centerline.

I have considered going SR or RB in my 260Z but I will most likely go L28ET with a T5... The big draw of an SR to me is light weight.

The draw back is I don't like the way four bangers sound, and I don't like the way the intake/exhaust layout looks, it looks kinda dumb in the engine bay of a Z car. An RB, L series, looks nicer, as does a 1 or 2Jz.

Reactions: 1 user

Supercharged111

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 25, 2019
Colorado Springs, CO
I have considered going SR or RB in my 260Z but I will most likely go L28ET with a T5... The big draw of an SR to me is light weight.

The draw back is I don't like the way four bangers sound, and I don't like the way the intake/exhaust layout looks, it looks kinda dumb in the engine bay of a Z car. An RB, L series, looks nicer, as does a 1 or 2Jz.

As long as they're rocking side drafts or ITBs. Admittedly, ITBs sound awesome on a 4 banger. It's just the farty exhaust that sucks.

kornball426

Royal Smart Person
May 29, 2009
Philadelphia, PA.
As long as they're rocking side drafts or ITBs. Admittedly, ITBs sound awesome on a 4 banger. It's just the farty exhaust that sucks.

Whatever I do it'll be turbocharged, I don't think there's much point to ITB intakes on a turbo car. Triple Weber's do look awesome on a Datsun, currently it has the stock dual Hitachi SU carbs on it. If I was definitely staying naturally aspirated with I'd get the triple Weber's.

Some little shop just came out recent with a really nice looking multiport injection intake manifold for the L series that looks an awful lot like the aftermarket one on that 2JZ in the video. Much cleaner looking than a stock L28ET injected manifold, and I think it takes way bigger than stock GM LS throttle bodies.

Reactions: 2 users

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
Ahhh, Datsuns. I ran a rack of Mikunis off a GSXR1100 on the A15 in my 1200 through a header and a Supertrapp. It sounded like a murder hornet in a 55 gallon drum. There was no farty, only 8500rpm pushrod sweetness.

Reactions: 3 users

Supercharged111

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 25, 2019
Colorado Springs, CO
Ahhh, Datsuns. I ran a rack of Mikunis off a GSXR1100 on the A15 in my 1200 through a header and a Supertrapp. It sounded like a murder hornet in a 55 gallon drum. There was no farty, only 8500rpm pushrod sweetness.

To be fair, 11,000 RPM almost anything is sweetness.

kornball426

Royal Smart Person
May 29, 2009
Philadelphia, PA.

I like the inline six sound a lot.

L92 OLDS

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 30, 2012
West Michigan
I'll attach a gopro to the underside of the top to my air cleaner so you can see the Fast throttle body work as I go to the grocery store.... :popcorn:

I've always wanted to capture the sound of a Q-jet at full throttle using good mics but never got around to it. Would make for a good video.

Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor