Goodbye. Probably my last post here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
a thread like this is very disappointing. I hope you are giving up because of financial reasons as opposed to for the sake of relieving some stress. Sometimes things happen in life that are a lot more important than a project car...

but you're thousands of dollars in and giving up would be quite a shame on the other hand. I suspect in actuality you are really at the stereotypical 'i quit' scene in the movie and will come to shortly, although I didnt really follow many of your 2279 posts. I have had to get gangster with a few mechanics myself, and I'm not even a G so I really had to puff my chest out and become honest with myself how mad I really was. I never lost more than a thousand dollars myself. Maybe just for a 'one last time' sake you should watch some Sopranos or Goodfellas type stuff and get motivated to have a 'listen up dude,' type conversation. At least a partial refund request is in order whether you give up or not.

GL whatever you end up deciding I wish you the best of luck sir

hold on. i think if poss. let it sit while you cool off. there is enough people here to walk you through almost anything you got to do. me for one, im no master mechanic but i am willing to help you.

you know i use to be just where you were right around last year. I had a brake job quoted at 1000 bucks and didn't want anything to do with my car. Until i started looking around and utilizing my resources. There is a good video for every automotive job on youtube and everyone on this site is amazing and helpful every time. You can do this, just dont throw in the towel, fire that terrible mechanic and get your hands dirty.. you will not regret it 😀

Man that sucks bro don't give up just get your car back, park it for a while and do some homework so, you can do it yourself that's all i do read and watch video and get great advise from The G-Body Forum guys and im learning how to work on my car myself so i don't, have to pay no one to do my work.Go on Boxwrench.net they have great videos on learning how to rebuild motor,transmission and etc check it out i hope you keep your car with all the money you have invested in it Good Luck 😀

do something to take your mind off of the car for a few weeks and then think of your options with a clear head. I'm with the others who think you should get yourself some reading material so you can do your own repairs. Think of these shops as an incentive to learn a few new things...and you're not allowed to get rid of the car or quit this forum unless the majority gives their ok..

pontiacgp said:
..and you're not allowed to get rid of the car or quit this forum unless the majority gives their ok..

NOT ok with me

Besides, after a few years of wrenching and gathering various tools at garage sales, pretty soon people are beating your door down to have you work on their stuff too. It makes for some nice gravy money occasionally. (I don't even know what I'm doing half the time. I tell them that too, and they still come)

topendperformance said:
Was just wondering how you have over 20 grand i n your ride? :?

reminding him at this point is not a good idea...welcome to the forum and I hope your not thinking of taking his place... :mrgreen:

man...don't go sounding all emo bro... if my *ss can learn how to do his own sh*t then you can too..i'm an athlete turned DJ and web developer and never worked on anything on a car until about a year ago, my inherited regal. and like someone said all that stuff you need done is STRAIGHT CAKE. there are definitely vids on youtube to help you do all that. and with all the car nerds on this forum you'll be riding in no time...get you a nice set of tools and holla at any of us with any questions. i actually clicked up with another board member who put me on when i first started doing my own sh*t. seeing another person starting off gave me that confidence. now i'm tuning up all the family cars. people JERK you in these shops. that's what made me go hard too. the avg mechanic in these shops is an idiot so i figure i'm the most reliable, trustworth idiot i know.. :rofl:

keep your ride and hopefully some of our canada members may be close enough to help you get it craggin'..

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor