Goodbye. Probably my last post here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't quit!

I went through 5 years of my ride being in different shops and I was ripped off severely, and I mean severely by many guys. I lost tons of money, but I was where you are last year, and very recently I got my fuel starvation problem fixed, and she runs mint. I haven't driven her yet though! I can't wait till the weather warms up!

I suggest you compile a detailed list of what's wrong, and post it on this forum.
Let's figure out what you need done, how much it should cost, and then decide what you want to do. Then devise a game plan, pace yourself and you will get her done. :wink:

One of the biggest supporters of my deserted build thread leaving? Please say it aint so because I would only get on here half the time to see if you had any comments that helped me through my project. I guess I will return the favor, so how many four door badass malibus do see on the forum besides yours? Not much, I don't even think I have seen a build thread for one. That means our gbody forum community would lose a vital entity and such a committed member as you and we don't want that now 🙁. I have not even been able to put a dent into your budget compared to mine, what I'm trying to say is that I have not put as much money into my car as you have in yours. Let me tell you I've gotten so mad at my car so many times that I just wanted to quit, but instead I threw a tool as far as I could so many times and sworn more than anyone can ever imagine. Even with the car I have now the reproduction parts just don't fit together and I don't have much more money to work with and its really upsetting me right now but life goes on hopefully with a car and not a leechsucking b*tch 😱 I did say that as a car can be more reliable than a wife/girlfriend. It would be such a sad scene if you left and even if you come back in the following months, look at all who have supported and are not giving up on you or maybe your looking at this while appearing offline right now. Only time will tell and I think you'll be back 😉

my deepest condolences, Dylan

I have read many of your posts. Sad to see you go, but if you ever come back we all are willing to help. I see that you live in Alberta, I live in Edmonton.

We all put money in our cars knowing that in the end we will not get back what we put in. It's along process but in the end it is worth every penny. I know when my car lives again in the spring, the joy is worth it.

don't do it coming from another four door guy just keep going and thinking about the visions you had for the car when you first got it to keep you motivated i myself am in a bad financial situation and a shitty job the thought of selling it crossed my mind but i knew i would regret the minute i signed the title right now i cant even drive it i just have to play musical parking spots so i don't get an abandoned sticker on it but i know someday hopefully soon things will move forward

I am willing to help if need be. I am in Calgary Alberta and I have had many things done to my Malibu and would be more then glad to help work on it if need be. Also it be cool to have some one out there in Calgary who also cruises G bodies.

Damn, I was really hoping to see your Malibu win G-Body of the Month. 🙁

Honestly, most of us here are upside down on our cars (I'm severely guilty with my 4dr malibu too), but so what? It's not about the money, it's about the hobby. You've gone this far with it, finish it, starting over sucks. I was in the same boat with mine a few years back, I brought it to the natinals with the intent on dumping it off, I had the sign in trunk, but when the time came, I couldn't put the sign in the window. I chose to finish the car, I'm glad I did. Like mentioned, take a couple months off from it, store it out of sight out of mind, don't toss it away just yet.

I hope you are just venting, don't quit man!

These cars can be a real pain in the *ss. We all have been there, where we ask ourselves is it worth it, or should we just walk away? With that much money wrapped up in your car, it would be a shame to quit now. If anything just bring it home and park it, you'll get back into it eventually.

Don't give up just yet

I have more money in my car than I care to admit, In 2007 I was hit by a 92 year old man.
I was so pissed I left it parked for a year. Last year I decided to fix it my self, I am glad I did now.
It costs a lot to trick one of these cars but when your done It is definitely worth it.

Attachments

• 005-1.jpg
    005-1.jpg
    156.2 KB · Views: 587
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor