Got a new turntable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dog doesn't look to thrilled that YMCA will be blasting once again......

There was certainly something to be said for the sound of an album. Good memories. I gave my last albums to one of my work buddies who collects them and has several turntables. He go to all rock concerts that he can with his 20 something year old son. He says they are dying off so he wants to see them before they or he does. He goes to Goodwill stores in town and when he travels. Picked up some great finds he stated. Last I heard he had about 1000 albums.
I got lucky a bunch of times listening to those old albums🙂

I just like the sound quality of vinyl records. CD's just don't have the same soul. LP's, even with popping and hissing are still a joy to listen to.
I'm also looking for old albums I never had the chance to pick up back in the day.

One of my buddies (up in NY) lost his whole collection of LP's when Hurricane Sandy came through...what a shame.

I ordered a drive belt for my Dual turntable. I never left the vinyl scene - square forever. It's the crackles and pops of my old records that make them sound like Rock n' Roll.

You guys realize that we're dating ourselves, don't you? We lived in the best music era of all time.

Wolfman%20Jack_Studio%20Pik%201_KSLQ.jpg

I won't spoil it for the younger guys, but he was one of the best DJ's of our time. He also made an appearance on American Graffiti.

• Agree
Reactions: Rktpwrd and Clutch
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor