Grand National Areocoupe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turbo1dr

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 24, 2010
The forums I frequently post on has basically the same write-up. My web page is somewhat more detailed with more pictures.

JBreu

Royal Smart Person
Jul 15, 2008
Livonia, New York
I didn't really like the Areocoupe Monte and I don't like the looks of the hacked up Grand National.........JMO of course.That's what makes us good people we all have our likes and dislikes on this forum and we are entitled to them..That being said....As it's a G body I will support what was or will be done....He has balls to do that to his ride....ROCK ON :!:

79loserbluebu

G-Body Guru
May 9, 2009
Illinois
There's nothing from a GN that can't be put on a black Regal with GN wheels. If you wanna cut it up go for it.

Veltboy618

G-Body Guru
Sep 4, 2008
Turbo1dr said:
The forums I frequently post on has basically the same write-up. My web page is somewhat more detailed with more pictures.
I'm the one that posted it over on Eastcoastryders a while back & I cant believe all of those guys dont like it.

HurstOlds

Master Mechanic
Sep 21, 2007
Illinois
pontiacgp said:
That glass weighs alot more than the sheet metal it replaces

I would think that would be a good thing. I know I could use more weight on the rear of the car to help plant some rubber.

I never knew how those aerocoup trunks opened. Thanks for the excellent pics. Well done!

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
HurstOlds said:
pontiacgp said:
That glass weighs alot more than the sheet metal it replaces

I would think that would be a good thing. I know I could use more weight on the rear of the car to help plant some rubber.

if you ever want to add weight it is never a good thing to add the weight at the top of the car.....

Turbo1dr

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 24, 2010
veltboy314 said:
I'm the one that posted it over on Eastcoastryders a while back & I cant believe all of those guys dont like it.

I have my opinions about their rides also, but I played it cool hoping to score some 'likes' over there. I seen immediately that they just can't post "tasteful dislikes" because of their lack of education. :roll:

Turbo1dr

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 24, 2010
pontiacgp said:
if you ever want to add weight it is never a good thing to add the weight at the top of the car.....

I would think that if you add weight up high it would plant the rear tires better. This is due to fact that the sudden forward motion of the car during take-off would make the front end pull up and the rear press down??

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
Turbo1dr said:
pontiacgp said:

I would think that if you add weight up high it would plant the rear tires better. This is due to fact that the sudden forward motion of the car during take-off would make the front end pull up and the rear press down??

The higher the weight the less stable the car is. I don `t know how weight bias affect a drag car but I do know it`s impossible to get the weight bias to set up a metric for the optimum handling. We were restricted in modifying a metric for circle track and the forward position and height of the engine made it impossible to obtain the weight bias we were looking for and the most wedge we could achieve was a few % too few. That`s with lightening up the car as much as possible to place the lead where we wanted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor