Gray Man, Inc.

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
Yeah, I'm just kind of in a holding pattern for now. Work has been pretty sparse for obvious reasons. I'm on track to make about 20% of what I did last year given current trajectory. It's finally starting to pick up a bit over the last week. I'm still waiting for some numbers from my tax lady too.

The next step is to get the panel set and the power brought in from the meter, then you'll start seeing some forward motion. Once it's wired I can put up sheetrock and a coat of paint. I already have most of the lighting. The hoist just needs power and final adjustments.

Believe me, no one wants to see it up and working more than me. I may putter away down there a little this weekend. Mostly I just avoid the place because it kinda bums me out.

• Sad
  • Optimistic
Reactions: 4 users

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
Tone clarification: Didn't mean to come off whiny. I'm not really complaining, life is still pretty good. This will get done eventually but I've just got to hang on to my cash for a little while longer until I have a better idea of where I'm at financially. Last year was pretty good and I set aside quite a bit. I'm just prioritizing my needs from my wants because apparently that's what grownups are supposed to do.:cautious::rolleyes:😞

Reactions: 8 users
Nov 4, 2012
It's hard not to get bummed out but I think a lot of us are in the same boat, I know I am. What's the saying, "We plan, God laughs." If these past 6 months aren't a poster child for that, I don't know what is.

• Agree
Reactions: 3 users

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
2020 is a turd.

• Agree
  • Winner
Reactions: 5 users

ssn696

Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary
Why oh why didn't I take the blue pill?

Hey, at least all your cars are indoors now. That's a Coronaccomplishment.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
They actually all are now. The Smell Camino is parked in there now. My daughter's car is the only one outside now. Trailers are all under cover too.

• Winner

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
It was a much needed distraction. We had been planning it for over 6 months. I'd do it again next week if I had the chance.

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
Well I guess I should thank you guys for giving me the little nudge I needed to get back on this thing. I went down today and finally did something constructive. I bought some flashing and 2x4s and made an attempt to seal the place up better. As I mentioned earlier, the mud sills are bowed out to varying degrees and allowing pests in. Apparently albino weeds too.

The one in the pic is the widest gap. Flashing went down first, followed by a bead of caulking, then a 2x4 sandwiched between the insulation and 6x6s.

The 2x4 got dropped to the concrete and screwed to the posts. Then I followed that up with a heavy bead of caulking.

The other thing I did was cut some vertical blocking to slip into the corners and cover any gaps.

I may do the same vertical blocking on all the posts between the corners too for extra security. But at this point the shop is about as vermin proof as possible until the sheetrock goes up. I killed about a dozen hobo spiders and a few small black ones, but mainly I just don't want mice in there. I'm going to let all the caulking dry and shrink back for a week or two then pick up a few more tubes and go over the base again.

The place was an absolute disaster when I started but only kind of filthy when I finished.

• Winner
Reactions: 7 users

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor