grounding your radiator

scarborough

Master Mechanic
Sep 30, 2016
radiator ground?that's a new one by me..
it's new to me also, i guest it apply only to alumi radiator because of the electrolysis reaction. i purchase the radiator from champion I call their tech line I was told they sell a adapter I'm assuming its like the one 84cutspreme posted. I thought I would just ask the question because radiator are to expensive to replace for something as simple as a ground strap
thanks for the feed back

Reactions: 1 user

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
that anode replaces your petcock in the radiator

According to GM, it's not just a pet. It's a.... ...and comes in a box. Ba dum tsssss! :)

1707228056425.png

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

Rt Jam

G-Body Guru
Mar 30, 2020
Ontario Canada
This is probably one of those things that does not apply to 99% of the population.

One a neglected car with old coolant. It can become conduct electricity when it's aged. I'm sure this is not a problem on cars that are maintained.

There are a few vids on youtube demostrating checking ohms from coolant to ground.

Built6spdMCSS

Geezer
Jun 15, 2012
Florida Beach
  • Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 2 users

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
I heard if you ground your tires, then they won't dry rot

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

-dw-

Greasemonkey
Mar 15, 2021
Central MN
Sometime ago I replaced head gaskets on a f150. Noticed the waterpump was alittle loose so I pulled it out and looked like the one on the right.

IMG_4740.jpeg

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor