Built6spdMCSS

Geezer
Jun 15, 2012
Florida Beach

Supercharged111

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 25, 2019
Colorado Springs, CO

Also make sure you Dyno that puppy when it's all said and done.

kmnf2x717hn01.jpg

Reactions: 1 user

Sweet_Johnny

Has A Face For Radio
Supporting Member
Oct 4, 2022
Wichita, Kansas
This is what was taught to me: When liquids flow through dissimilar metals it causes electrolysis. This is because the friction created by the fluid rubbing against the metal causes a slight electrical charge, and different metals produce different amounts. The charge seeks an outlet or at the very least electrical equality, so it flows just like a traditional electrical signal. The aluminum is the weakest metal in the equation so it gives out first, but adding a sacrificial zinc anode solves the problem. Adding a ground should help.

Reactions: 1 user

86 Salon

Apprentice
Mar 14, 2021
can you post a picture of your install
I put one of those in my Griffin radiator for my 73 Buick. The radiator had a threaded hole for a heater hose fitting in the top of the right tank. I just put a reducer bushing in the hole so the anode would fit. It's been in 8 years and I would say that it's about 10% gone so it must be working. Good insurance.

Reactions: 3 users

86 Salon

Apprentice
Mar 14, 2021
I put one of those in my Griffin radiator for my 73 Buick. The radiator had a threaded hole for a heater hose fitting in the top of the right tank. I just put a reducer bushing in the hole so the anode would fit. It's been in 8 years and I would say that it's about 10% gone so it must be working. Good insurance.
Here's a picture.

Attachments

• IMG_0001 - Copy (4).JPG
    IMG_0001 - Copy (4).JPG
    2.6 MB · Views: 20
  • Winner
Reactions: 1 users

84cutspreme

Royal Smart Person
Jun 4, 2009
Here's a picture.
I put mine in place of drain. On Becool radiator it is on pass side bottom of tank. Wondering if it will hinder flow on outlet or deteriorate faster because it is in direct flow? 🤔

Reactions: 1 users

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor