grounding your radiator

86 Salon

Apprentice
Mar 14, 2021
I put mine in place of drain. On Becool radiator it is on pass side bottom of tank. Wondering if it will hinder flow on outlet or deteriorate faster because it is in direct flow? 🤔
I don't see any way that it would hinder flow or deteriorate faster from flow. It's sacrificial from electrolysis, not flow. They will work anywhere in the cooling system. They can even be installed in the engine. I like it where I put it because I can see it by just opening the radiator cap.

• Agree
Reactions: 3 users

84cutspreme

Royal Smart Person
Jun 4, 2009
I don't see any way that it would hinder flow or deteriorate faster from flow. It's sacrificial from electrolysis, not flow. They will work anywhere in the cooling system. They can even be installed in the engine. I like it where I put it because I can see it by just opening the radiator cap.
I wish my heater port was threaded…just hose nipple. I just assumed water flowing erodes anything it might expedite deterioration of anode. Either way I feel better with it in there

scarborough

Master Mechanic
Sep 30, 2016
I put one of those in my Griffin radiator for my 73 Buick. The radiator had a threaded hole for a heater hose fitting in the top of the right tank. I just put a reducer bushing in the hole so the anode would fit. It's been in 8 years and I would say that it's about 10% gone so it must be working. Good insurance.
thanks. I will install one those !

86 Salon

Apprentice
Mar 14, 2021
I wish my heater port was threaded…just hose nipple. I just assumed water flowing erodes anything it might expedite deterioration of anode. Either way I feel better with it in there
Is the nipple threaded into the manifold?

84cutspreme

Royal Smart Person
Jun 4, 2009
Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor