GRRRR Carburetor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mkube396

Greasemonkey
Aug 28, 2009
South Buffalo / West seneca NY
just got my New reman Carburetor Edelbrock 650 Thunder AVS. right out of the box it was driving good there was a lean bog in to the Secretary but i was working on adjusting that.
first thing i see is my idle is high or Low when i stop and lights. so on lunch at work i start to look at it. the primary throttle shaft is loose as all hell. I can wiggle it 1/16 it is so loose it is not letting the secondary close all the way. Witch is making my idle RPM to be all over the place. Anywhere from 650 to 1,200 to stalling out. :roll:

i am kind of pissed off now i have to box this thing up and send it off and i am guessing i wont see a carb from them for 3 weeks now. all because they cheaped out and did not repair the throttle shaft right. :evil:

454muscle

Royal Smart Person
Jan 31, 2010
Ontario, Canada eh!
Sucks bro. No sense getting pissed off though. Count to ten and change your plans about the use of the car for the time being and when you get the new carb back, you'll be good to go.

A couple years ago I had to send the whole distributor back to Edelbrock due to a defect in design and my crate motor wouldn't start at all..... I send it back and it took 3 months for me to get the damn thing back. It wasn't even something I could fix, because it was a "proprietary part" made by mallory specific to this engine. :roll: That was a real piss off man..... but I took it in stride...... you can too bro.

DoubleV

Royal Smart Person
Feb 25, 2011
Medina Ohio
By 'remain' carb do you mean 'reman' carb? If so I didn't even know you could get reman Edelbrock carbs! This just goes to show that reman carbs ( unless you get lucky ) are unfortunately never done right. Perhaps you could just sell the one you have and get a known good carb from someone you trust for cheap so you don't have to wait around to get this one back ( which there's no gurarantee they'll fix properly anyway )?

mkube396

Greasemonkey
Aug 28, 2009
It kind of stinks. right out of the Box my LM1 was reading the Tune is almost perfect the carb has awesome low end torque. i was pulling out of a Tim Horton's and i dam near did a 90° 4 lane highway :rofl:

DoubleV said:
By 'remain' carb do you mean 'reman' carb? If so I didn't even know you could get reman Edelbrock carbs! This just goes to show that reman carbs ( unless you get lucky ) are unfortunately never done right. Perhaps you could just sell the one you have and get a known good carb from someone you trust for cheap so you don't have to wait around to get this one back ( which there's no gurarantee they'll fix properly anyway )?

Fortunately i am not the kind of person to pass my junk on to someone else. I paid good money from a known carburetor shop so there getting it back and they can fix it.

DoubleV

Royal Smart Person
Feb 25, 2011
Medina Ohio
mkube396 said:
Fortunately i am not the kind of person to pass my junk on to someone else. I paid good money from a known carburetor shop so there getting it back and they can fix it.

I didn't mean for to try to pawn if off on some unsuspecting fool, I just meant sell it as what it is; a carb that needs new throttle shaft bushings, but if you payed that much for it then yeah I would make those jokers fix it and ask for something in return since they dropped the ball.

mkube396

Greasemonkey
Aug 28, 2009
ok now i am getting pissed! i sent it back aug 17's and i called them last week they didint even start on it!!! :roll:
i try to call them today and got a busy single for 1 hr and gave up!

mkube396

Greasemonkey
Aug 28, 2009
ok well it came in today and they did fix the play in the shaft.. so far so good but ill need to test it out for a few days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor