HAFRODs 78 Aeroback Salon build

Status
Not open for further replies.

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
Glad to see the car in the show. You did a beautiful job on it.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

oldsofb

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Dec 7, 2007
Maryland
Your car is just stunning. If I can get half as close to that level of perfection, I'll be happy. Great work!

Hutch

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
I did have one guy tell me that you could get a 403 with a 4 speed in the 442. I just grinned and said I don't see that information anywhere in my dealer brochure thats on display in the trunk o_O
Don't ya love all those experts on our cars. I think I heard countless stories about the factory SBC 350's in the mid/late '80's cars built. Same guys always add there was never a 4th gen A/G body with a stick when talking about my conversion. Next time tell the expert its a factory SBC 400, thats what the 1st 4 in 442 is for.

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

HAFROD

Royal Smart Person
Jul 15, 2013
Claremore, OKLAHOMA
Thanks for all the support you guys have give me through this build. You guys kept me motivated throughout the build process. Appreciate the likes but not the disagrees above. That is just a shitty thing to do on someones build thread in my opinion.

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
Thanks for all the support you guys have give me through this build. You guys kept me motivated throughout the build process. Appreciate the likes but not the disagrees above. That is just a shitty thing to do on someones build thread in my opinion.
It is my assumption those disagrees are unintentional, and are a cell phone fat-finger deal. It's easy to accidentally click "like, dislike, agree, etc." when reading these threads on a phone.

• Agree
Reactions: 8 users

oldsofb

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Dec 7, 2007
Maryland
It is my assumption those disagrees are unintentional, and are a cell phone fat-finger deal. It's easy to accidentally click "like, dislike, agree, etc." when reading these threads on a phone.

Agreed on that. You know it's nothing but love for your build here :friday:

I'm honest when I say that the Salon is my least fav body style. But you have made me a convert. Is it ok to use your forum name in my vids when I blatantly copy some of your design points. Your thread is literally page after page of "Oh, I'm GOING to do that!!"

I'm hoping this isn't the end of the "build" for you (they are never done). I hope there are future updates as you get the itch to mod or otherwise change things up.

Hutch

• Agree
Reactions: 4 users

HAFROD

Royal Smart Person
Jul 15, 2013
Claremore, OKLAHOMA
Agreed on that. You know it's nothing but love for your build here :friday:

I'm honest when I say that the Salon is my least fav body style. But you have made me a convert. Is it ok to use your forum name in my vids when I blatantly copy some of your design points. Your thread is literally page after page of "Oh, I'm GOING to do that!!"

I'm hoping this isn't the end of the "build" for you (they are never done). I hope there are future updates as you get the itch to mod or otherwise change things up.

Hutch
I don't mind at all. That's why I post in depth. There is really not much else I plan to do to the Salon except a headliner. I have my 87 Monte that I plan on throwing together and I need to get my 55 Belair painted before it gets too cold. So basically, it's on to the next

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
The error has been graciously corrected. I'm well pleased my theory was correct.

• Creative

Andebe

Greasemonkey
Mar 6, 2017
Indiana
Forum fame is a two edged sword...I have enjoyed following this thread,and look forward to the made for television movie based on it. :mrgreen:

• Agree
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor