HAFRODs 78 Aeroback Salon build

Status
Not open for further replies.

HAFROD

Royal Smart Person
Jul 15, 2013
Claremore, OKLAHOMA
Today I put a late model 350 in the El Camino. I put in a new front and rear seal. Got it nearly finished too. Need to install an electric fuel pump since the block has no place for a block pump. Think I'm going to sell the El Camino. Now that the Salons running/driving I doubt I'd drive the El Camino much anyway. I'm taking the Salon to the Claremore Lake car show this coming Saturday. I'm pretty sure I'll hear "what the hell is that" several times an hour :doh: :) :rolleyes: :mrgreen:

Reactions: 3 users

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
My mistake, I thought that's what the mad thrash last week was all about.

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
My mistake, I thought that's what the mad thrash last week was all about.
It didn't quite make it to the show Saturday. He had to turn back about an hour out from Springfield. There are pictures of the car in the Route 66 thread.

• Informative
Reactions: 1 user

sportriderOK

Greasemonkey
Mar 3, 2016
Mannford, OK
I was wondering if you were going to the Claremore show. I have to work Saturday or else I'd come over, too.

HAFROD

Royal Smart Person
Jul 15, 2013
Claremore, OKLAHOMA
I went to Walmart in the Salon. I came back out and a FedEx truck was sitting beside it. He asked me about it. Said he had one in high school (1993) that was about the same color with a 4 speed. The more we talked it was obvious it's the same car. He said he has pictures of it and he's going to dig them out. It was his first car. A few weeks earlier he was in my housing addition and yelled from the truck he had one but he put a big block in it. I just smiled and waved. He told me today that the big block was in a 4 speed Camaro instead. He mentioned the only issue he had was the wiper motor went out. He said he got one from a salvage. That's funny because the wiper motor had a yellow paint pen marking on it that said Oldsmobile Cutlass. Hopefully he brings the pics. I find it very doubtful to have two 78 Salons with a 305/4 speed in the same color with manual windows. I had read somewhere that only 8% of Oldsmobiles in 1978 had 4 speeds. That's pretty rare

• Winner
Reactions: 3 users

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero
That's pretty cool!

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

1evilregal

Comic Book Super Hero
Apr 23, 2009
Greensboro, NC
pretty cool to meet a previous owner, and learn some history of the car, and the different personalities that owned them! I've bought a few cars outside of the normal purchasing lines (1 at a city auction, and 1 from a consignment type seller) and met a couple of the owners. cool experience!

• Agree

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
Meeting a previous owner is always more fun than meeting someone who later owned a car you sold.

• Winner
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor