HAFRODs 85 Monte Carlo SS budget project

Status
Not open for further replies.

HAFROD

Royal Smart Person
Jul 15, 2013
Claremore, OKLAHOMA
When are we going to see a return to the Salon build?
Crap! I have a Salon project too? Lol. Well, I have my El Camino sold as a roller to a member. So now I have a great engine for the Salon. BUT, I have to drive the El Camino cause it's all I have right now. I have hatched a new plan with the help from a friend though. We might jump on my 56 Ford truck and throw it together for a daily rat rod. It's all together but needs brakes and engine stuff. It's pretty rough looking but I'll drive it

Turbo Zach

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 8, 2015
How many projects do you have? I know you have some cool stuff, just wandering what else you have squirreled away. I too have way too many projects going on all the time.

HAFROD

Royal Smart Person
Jul 15, 2013
Claremore, OKLAHOMA
How many projects do you have? I know you have some cool stuff, just wandering what else you have squirreled away. I too have way too many projects going on all the time.
Big projects are 55 Chevy hard top, 47 Chevy Fleetline, 85 SS Monte, and the 56 F100. I have two fully stripped down motorcycles to restore = 84 Honda 700 Interceptor and 83 GPz 305. I'd say the Salon is about 75% done but still have painting on parts to do. Don't like painting in cold weather. The 56 F100 will be a throw together to use but will eventually get stripped down and built up right

Reactions: 1 users

Turbo Zach

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 8, 2015
Big projects are 55 Chevy hard top, 47 Chevy Fleetline, 85 SS Monte, and the 56 F100. I have two fully stripped down motorcycles to restore = 84 Honda 700 Interceptor and 83 GPz 305. I'd say the Salon is about 75% done but still have painting on parts to do. Don't like painting in cold weather. The 56 F100 will be a throw together to use but will eventually get stripped down and built up right
Be sure to start a thread on the 56. I would like to read about it, even if it is a furd! I have a few of them ford projects my self.

Bar50

Royal Smart Person
Jan 1, 2009
Tulsa, OK
I think he should patch up the Monte SS and drive it....

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

HAFROD

Royal Smart Person
Jul 15, 2013
Claremore, OKLAHOMA
Today I put some roller wheels/tires on the 86. The old Champ 500s tires were completely off the rims. I dropped the tank and it was very clean inside just had a couple gallons of old stinky gas. I sucked it out with a spare electric fuel pump into a gas jug. I need to order a new O ring and sock for the sending unit but put it back in with the old ones. I put on a universal electric fuel pump from O'Reilleys and a fuel filter at the front of the tank. I wired it to the ignition port in the fuse box. The Q Jets accelerator pump was bad and could not get it to shoot enough fuel. I had a new 600 Holley here and bolted it on with an adapter I had in my shed. It started and idled smooth. I let it idle a couple minutes then give it a few small revs. I heard a light clacking but then it quit. The oil is super thick and black. I'll change it tomorrow after work. Going to put in a new thermostat after I flush out the cooling system. I'll put in some new Prestone after that. When I was under it, I noticed it has a 2004R trans. Don't know why I was thinking it had a turbo350 trans. The brakes work but go almost to the floor. I drove it around my house but never got it out of first gear. I still need to see if it overheats cause I have not let it get hot enough. I figure the thermostat is probably stuck from sitting 10 or so years. If it checks out, this engine is going in my 56 Ford truck. Already ordered a disk brake conversion kit for it

Bar50

Royal Smart Person
Jan 1, 2009
Tulsa, OK
Do yourself a favor and add some ZDDP additive to the fresh oil. That car has been setting at least 10 years

• Agree
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor