HAFRODs 85 Monte Carlo SS budget project

Status
Not open for further replies.

HAFROD

Royal Smart Person
Jul 15, 2013
Claremore, OKLAHOMA
So found some BAD areas on the 85 body. The passengers side front quarter and into the jamb has been smacked. someone drilled holes and used a slide hammer. They left the holes and filled the entire area with filler. The striker surround is a horrible plate job. I now will have to replace the quarter panel and jamb. Going to swap the entire quarter at the factory spot weld points from the 86. Going to suck but it will be a correct repair and not a hack job. I have put many quarters on so not real worried. Also found a few small rust holes on the passengers side roof edge just above the drip rail. Going to cut it out and build a patch panel. Going to chemical strip the body this summer to see whats really hiding under all the make up. Was planning on doing a frame off anyway.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

L67ss

Royal Smart Person
Dec 8, 2016
I was always a victim of the "might as well syndrome" lol

Reactions: 1 user

HAFROD

Royal Smart Person
Jul 15, 2013
Claremore, OKLAHOMA
Here is how NOT to repair something

85ss jamb.jpg

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero
Man that sucks, good thing you have a parts car and some skills.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

Bar50

Royal Smart Person
Jan 1, 2009
Tulsa, OK
I would still put a motor in it and go....

Not quite Roadkill, but, driver quality for sure...walking sucks.

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor