Resource icon

RESOURCE Hardware / Component Photo Reference Library 2020-09-28

t01blaze

Master Mechanic
Oct 4, 2011
South New Jersey
There are 8 bolts for the dash on the Malibu.
4 small screws in the defroster, 2 finer thread metal screws (one in each corner), one corse metal screw behind the ash tray and one blue screw above the steering column.

t01blaze

Master Mechanic
Oct 4, 2011
South New Jersey
G-BodyDASHMOUNTBOLTS_zps7bb12b0f.jpg

I have these on both the 79 and 81 Malibu's.

CAM00313_zpseybyohnt.jpg

t01blaze

Master Mechanic
Oct 4, 2011
South New Jersey
My defroster screws are philips head, but some cars had hex head.
Also the fuse box to firewall screws on the 81 were threaded from the head down, and on the 79 they just had an inch of threads. Both sets were the same length.
I have noticed quite a bit of difference in the two cars, maybe it's the years or the factories or both.

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Here's a reference for you wagon guys looking for the type of clips used for the headliner garnish mouldings

The leftside clip is used for the garnish mouldings above the quarter windows. 3-are used on each. 6-total GM part # 3073629

The rightside clip is used on the rear moulding over the lift hatch. 4-are used.
GM part # 3074737

The leftside clip is used for the trim above the windshield. Pretty much standard on all G-body's.

The rightside clip is screwed on to the upper pinch weld area, and there is 3-used per side . One used between the A-B-pillars and 2-used between the B-C-pillars. Hope this information is helpful.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: 1 user

elcoslick33

Apprentice
Mar 25, 2015
SoCaL-AZ
This is a good idea but can't see the numbers on the bolts I have a box full of bolts but don't know what goes where and I've noticed they have numbers on them

Bonnewagon

Lost in the Labyrinth
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
What a great idea. How about wiring diagrams?

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor