Have Electric Cars finally killed muscle cars???

I see this starting to go south, which is a shame bc I've actually been impressed by how little politicks has reared its ugly head.

Carry on and keep the rules in mind. Thanks.
well you can stick your head in the sand i guess and not tell the real cause, you can believe the loons will not stick their heads in the sand, they will have no problem burying anybody in that sand that gets in their way! have fun in your new watered down battery powered car, i will enjoy my gas guzzling V8 till i go under,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Last edited:
Reactions: 08Malibu
Although policies that dribble down to the driving public are seeded in political viewpoints and aspirations, it is not desirable to bring up the actual political underpinnings of these policies. That kind of talk will get threads shut down. Plus, it's not really relevant here.

The subject here is...are EVs going to be held responsible for killing off the muscle car resurgence that we've enjoyed for the past couple of decades?

Gas engines are being threatened, and those of us that like them should be able to keep them, at least for a good while longer while society figures out how to actually get EVs to be the norm. It's pretty sad, actually, since by now if you believed in the "predictions" that we should already be in flying cars, let alone just another means of propulsion of the same ground rollers.

Whatever happened to those "airless" tires? That would be a heckuva lot safer than the air-filled variety and easier to do whether you have electric or ICE. And probably needed moreso than self-driving "idiotmobiles". No flats or sudden blowouts. And those run flats aren't the same. They have to be replaced when activated. Of course, it's probably a $$ thing. And maybe some other pitfalls I haven't realized. But it would be nice to buy one set of tires to last say, 3 times as long as regular air tires. Tire companies not making money if they do, they'll claim. Cry me a river. Step up or step aside. Innovation should rule the day.

Reactions: Ugly1
what is sad is we the people have had a choice and have let this happen. i am glad i lived in a day when all those beautiful monsters roamed the earth. if we don't discuss it because we worry about offending someone we deserve what we get!

what is sad is we the people have had a choice and have let this happen. i am glad i lived in a day when all those beautiful monsters roamed the earth. if we don't discuss it because we worry about offending someone we deserve what we get!
Gearheads.... racers.... restoration guys.... car/truck/motor-cycle buffs are a minority vs the general public. The needs of the many have always outweighed those of the few. It doesn't matter how loud you shout or how hard one can thump their chest. The majority want better quality of life & better care of their home (the 3rd rock from the sun). Increasing the CAFE standards is one way to help w/emissions.

One. Way.

There are other ways as well & humans do need to be a little more aware of what they do & how it impacts others. I recycle as much as possible. I take steel to the metal yard to be re-used/re-purposed. Household paints, chems, & other stuff go to a local facility that specializes in their proper disposal. That's me. I can't tell you how many folks I know that just throw everything in the trash w/o concern.

I was all for emissions testing. Nothing wrong w/having hot-rods that are as clean as possible. What I didn't care for is all of the stupid legislated rules that MUST be followed or you were breaking the law even if your vehicle was cleaner emissions wise.

That being said, this is not our web-site; we are merely invited guests. If we don't like the rules, we're free to go elsewhere.
Respecting the site by limiting the discussion of politics is not a bad thing.

I'm not worried about offending anyone. In fact, I'm pretty good at that.

It's just that going down the political side of things here on this forum is frowned upon, and it will not end well as the owner of the site (GP403) is pretty strict on it. You're always free to have your own opinions/beliefs, but no need to bring politics or religion into these discussions. That's all I'm saying. If you don't believe me, you go at your own peril.

Respectfully, the same attitude was held by many in the early 1900's when horse travel was being replaced by motorized vehicles. Being 'environmentally friendly' is nothing more than common sense IMHO. Of course implementing technologies that are not yet feasible due to any number of reasons is not the best laid plan. But ignoring pollution is not the answer either. As usual, our government has overstepped with it's high hope of EV implementation before the technology is present to be fully implemented. But it will correct back to a reasonable point - it has to inorder for us to sustain.

The forum has rules about this because EVERY political discussion turns beyond discussion and has a history of getting down right abusive, threatening and unfriendly. Most all of the members on this forum are not here for that type of argument.

Again respectfully - Jim

Look, I'm not about to get into this debate again. Until right before my last comment, the thread has (for the most part cough) been free of the librulz vs wingnut bullshit and I thought I'd drop in, pay the rest of the thread a compliment, and let you all carry on as such.

sigh.

I have yet to see any convincing proof that there's some global conspiracy by world governments or the UN or illuminati or whatever to do away with the ICE in all forms by some random date in the not too distant future. Nobody's coming for your cars and engines, nobody.

What I see is people thinking that some mysterious somebody somewhere is coming to take something from them. whatever. I see people afraid that the things they like and like to do are going to suddenly become illegal or something.

The no-politics rule used to be solely bc people seriously got their BP redlined, on both sides, by the stupidest sh*t.

Now I think its just to combat the misinformation out there.

Sources. Accepted ones.

Carry on.

Last edited:
Gearheads.... racers.... restoration guys.... car/truck/motor-cycle buffs are a minority vs the general public. The needs of the many have always outweighed those of the few. It doesn't matter how loud you shout or how hard one can thump their chest. The majority want better quality of life & better care of their home (the 3rd rock from the sun). Increasing the CAFE standards is one way to help w/emissions.

One. Way.

There are other ways as well & humans do need to be a little more aware of what they do & how it impacts others. I recycle as much as possible. I take steel to the metal yard to be re-used/re-purposed. Household paints, chems, & other stuff go to a local facility that specializes in their proper disposal. That's me. I can't tell you how many folks I know that just throw everything in the trash w/o concern.

I was all for emissions testing. Nothing wrong w/having hot-rods that are as clean as possible. What I didn't care for is all of the stupid legislated rules that MUST be followed or you were breaking the law even if your vehicle was cleaner emissions wise.

That being said, this is not our web-site; we are merely invited guests. If we don't like the rules, we're free to go elsewhere.
Respecting the site by limiting the discussion of politics is not a bad thing.
i wonder how much emissions testing is done on aircraft? i wonder if China, Russia, south America gives a rats butt about emissions? do we really think when we are stupid enough for these loons to take away our gas engines that Russia and China will give theirs up? we have to be stupid to let a few whining people stop our way of life! no they are the minority not us! we just act like we are! a jet airliner flying 30,000ft. for 1 hour burns up more ozone than all the cars on planet earth ever will! wake up people or loose what you have!

i wonder how much emissions testing is done on aircraft? i wonder if China, Russia, south America gives a rats butt about emissions? do we really think when we are stupid enough for these loons to take away our gas engines that Russia and China will give theirs up? we have to be stupid to let a few whining people stop our way of life! no they are the minority not us! we just act like we are! a jet airliner flying 30,000ft. for 1 hour burns up more ozone than all the cars on planet earth ever will! wake up people or loose what you have!

We as a country (US or CA or whatever) have literally no say as to what China or India or Russia are doing. Obviously. We can ask nicely, threaten sh*t, but in the end the best we can do is control what we do. Kind of a sh*t argument to just point the finger and say "but they're doing it". Be better than them maybe? idk.

Also, the "loons" stuff is just the kind of thing I'm talking about per the rules. Evidence.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor