Have high powered factory cars ruined hotrodding???

Status
Not open for further replies.

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
What kind of idiot deletes the rear view mirrors? what does a mirror weigh? 1 lb? Has the dumbass who checked the mirror delete box ever tried to back out of an enclosed trailer in a wide *ss car without door mirrors? is he going to use the force? Have two people on each side of the car help him back out and then not run over one of them because he doesn't have door mirrors?

My wagon only has one door mirror. :(

And, yes backing up sucks.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
I'm gonna have to disagree on this one. I've had a lot of seat time in a '96 SS and owned a Caprice. What's the difference between an SS and a 9C1? Trim and looks basically. They both have the LT1, 4L60E, limited slip rear end, extra coolers for oil and transmission and I think power steering fluid, really good brakes and a good handling suspension. For a 4200lbs car it will surprise you how good it handles. If there's something I'm missing, fill me in.

the long 116" wheelbase kills them in tight corners, you won't see any of the impala's on an asphalt circle track

UNGN

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 6, 2016
Southlake, TX
My wagon only has one door mirror. :(

And, yes backing up sucks.

Your wagon is street legal. How is non street legal mirrorless Demon going to get to the track? A guy can afford $100K for a non street legal car, and has to push it out of his enclosed trailer because he might back into the door opening.

Last edited:

Opie Knievel

Rum Fueled Midnight Mechanic and Moderator
Sep 6, 2010
Brodhead, Kentucky
the long 116" wheelbase kills them in tight corners, you won't see any of the impala's on an asphalt circle track

Maybe not but for just fun driving on back roads, they are a blast. You gotta remember I drove that Impala back when I was like 21-22. I drove a little crazy back then. Lol. I really pushed that car to it's limits.

Qdub24

Royal Smart Person
Sep 6, 2006
Columbus, GA
A guy can afford $100K for a non street legal car, and has to push it out of his enclosed trailer because he might back into the door opening.

The majority of the cars I see at the track are mirrorless and are usually just pushed/rolled out of the trailers.

Qdub24

Royal Smart Person
Sep 6, 2006
Columbus, GA
Maybe not but for just fun driving on back roads, they are a blast. You gotta remember I drove that Impala back when I was like 21-22. I drove a little crazy back then. Lol. I really pushed that car to it's limits.

When I was 20/21.....
FB_IMG_1490547920992.jpg

Pushed it everyday until 2010. Had a 9C1 at the same time, and bought another 9C1 a few months ago.

Reactions: 1 users

UNGN

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 6, 2016
Southlake, TX
The majority of the cars I see at the track are mirrorless and are usually just pushed/rolled out of the trailers.

Go to a race with Corvettes, Vipers and Lambo's. Rich guys like to fire the car up in the enclosed trailer and back it out onto the ramp for maximum effect. This is "The Entrance". I'd estimate at least 85% percent of the purpose of a car is for people to notice them. Noticing them pushing a car out of a trailer like a peasant is not the image they want to present to the world... if he had a team of people in matching outfits rolling it out onto the ramp, maybe, but douchebags have to pay extra to keep an entourage of people around and they are aware of this at this point of their life and adjust.

Rich guys generally don't get rich by not noticing details. No door mirrors in a car with mailslot windows and high trunk could be a deal breaker on a $100K car. What would a back up cameras/monitor that plugs in clips on the dash weigh/cost: $100 and a couple ounces? I used to fly tiny model planes and bought 1080 cameras for $7 (Retail) that weighed 6 grams and 6" Monitors are less than $25. I get that door mirrors may be stupid and obsolete, but try backing a widened car out of an enclosed trailer without them.

If Dodge is marketing the cars to "drag racers" they are doing it wrong. Drag racers generally don't pay $100K cash for cars unless they have a cartel side business and are laundering money. Dodge needs "Rich Guys" who always wanted to try their hand at drag racing "How hard can it be?", but needed someone to build a car for them (their car current builder thinks drag racers are heathens).

Their current Hellcat buyers aren't wrench turning car guys. They are guys that bought a Corvette, but didn't fit in with the Corvette crowd or didn't like climbing in/out of a corvette and/or has 2 junior DB sons and he wanted to show his kids how cool the old man still is and take both out and show them both how "it is done". It's all part of the Rich DB right of passage.

You don't have to be a rich, midlife crisis DB to own a Hellcat/Demon, but you won't feel out of place if you are one. It's like something you can picture Vin Diesel saying when he sits in one... "I'm Home".

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Go to a race with Corvettes, Vipers and Lambo's. Rich guys like to fire the car up in the enclosed trailer and back it out onto the ramp for maximum effect. This is "The Entrance". I'd estimate at least 85% percent of the purpose of a car is for people to notice them. Noticing them pushing a car out of a trailer like a peasant is not the image they want to present to the world... if he had a team of people in matching outfits rolling it out onto the ramp, maybe, but douchebags have to pay extra to keep an entourage of people around and they are aware of this at this point of their life and adjust.

Rich guys generally don't get rich by not noticing details. No door mirrors in a car with mailslot windows and high trunk could be a deal breaker on a $100K car. What would a back up cameras/monitor that plugs in clips on the dash weigh/cost: $100 and a couple ounces? I used to fly tiny model planes and bought 1080 cameras for $7 (Retail) that weighed 6 grams and 6" Monitors are less than $25. I get that door mirrors may be stupid and obsolete, but try backing a widened car out of an enclosed trailer without them.

If Dodge is marketing the cars to "drag racers" they are doing it wrong. Drag racers generally don't pay $100K cash for cars unless they have a cartel side business and are laundering money. Dodge needs "Rich Guys" who always wanted to try their hand at drag racing "How hard can it be?", but needed someone to build a car for them (their car current builder thinks drag racers are heathens).

Their current Hellcat buyers aren't wrench turning car guys. They are guys that bought a Corvette, but didn't fit in with the Corvette crowd or didn't like climbing in/out of a corvette and/or has 2 junior DB sons and he wanted to show his kids how cool the old man still is and take both out and show them both how "it is done". It's all part of the Rich DB right of passage.

You don't have to be a rich, midlife crisis DB to own a Hellcat/Demon, but you won't feel out of place if you are one. It's like something you can picture Vin Diesel saying when he sits in one... "I'm Home".

You Sir, have earned a beer - domestic, not imported - in a stein, not a glass.

That being said we all do it for the attention - it is just the amount of hubris we display that distinguishes us from the douchebags of the World.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

Qdub24

Royal Smart Person
Sep 6, 2006
Columbus, GA
You don't have to be rich or a douche to buy/own a modern muscle car. You buy whatever you want/can afford. Everyone that's into cars isn't a gifted builder/fabricator, nor may have the time to build a vehicle due to their occupation/life circumstances.

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor