Have high powered factory cars ruined hotrodding???

Status
Not open for further replies.

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Who even knows there was a V10 Challenger Drag pack in 2011?

I do. [he said sheepishly]

I am really looking forward to getting the wagon out to the local car show in a few weeks. I just want to roll in (dumps open), park it, unload the kids, pop the hood, grab some A&W, and smirk at every guy with a late-model HEMI Challenger (and/or Hellcat) with a cold air kit and a hide-away license plate. They know the car is coming, they know it will draw a crowd.

LS-swaps are the things only seen in magazines when you live in a small town.

Reactions: 1 user

UNGN

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 6, 2016
Southlake, TX
What real car people know is you can't buy respect. It has to be earned.

Would you take tuning advise from a guy that is way slower than the sum of his mods? I wouldn"t.

DB's think "everything has a price, so why not respect?"

Dodge is more than happy to take these guy's money.

• Winner
Reactions: 2 users

Opie Knievel

Rum Fueled Midnight Mechanic and Moderator
Sep 6, 2010
Brodhead, Kentucky
are you a douche because you don't know a lot about a car and you just...buy it and enjoy it? I know guys with Charger 392's that don't know the gear ratio, stall rating, or even the tire width...they might know the advertised hp/tq, but they don't know at what rpm it makes that power, etc... They still enjoy their cars and I seriously doubt they change their own oil lol. Maybe because I'm so new, and ignorant, to the entire car culture (as far as performance), I sympathize a tad bit more for those folks. I just happen to love researching stuff on the internet and I gained a bunch of knowledge in a short amount of time. Some of you guys have been into cars for 10, 20, 40 years though (as far as wrenching on them). Besides doing car audio, I never did anything work to any car that I drove.

I forgot the biggest point, a lot of these guys can't drive these high powered modern muscle cars either!

If they were driving Camry's and didn't know anything about cars, it wouldn't really bother me but if you're buying a high horsepower muscle car, shouldn't you kinda know something about how it works or how to actually handle all that power? At least they're destroying new cars that I don't care about instead of older cars that need to be saved.

Opie Knievel

Rum Fueled Midnight Mechanic and Moderator
Sep 6, 2010
Brodhead, Kentucky
What real car people know is you can't buy respect. It has to be earned.

Would you take tuning advise from a guy that is way slower than the sum of his mods? I wouldn"t.

DB's think "everything has a price, so why not respect?"

Dodge is more than happy to take these guy's money.

Very well said.

Qdub24

Royal Smart Person
Sep 6, 2006
Columbus, GA
Everyone isn't seeking the approval, validation, or respect of others. People are entitled to buy whatever makes them happy. It just so happens that now you can buy nearly 1K hp from a dealership with a warranty. Driving schools are also an option for the douchebags that choose to pursue it.

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Everyone isn't seeking the approval, validation, or respect of others. People are entitled to buy whatever makes them happy.

Clearly you haven't found facebook yet. LOL. I deleted my account over a year ago.

But, you are right there are some who legitimately don't give a **** - they are called sociopaths. Human beings are social creatures - and finding a sense of belonging is the cornerstone of a happy little life. The problem is you cannot buy your way into a family - and hot rodding is a family institution that you earn your way into - that is unless it is Dodge SRT-something, then Vin Diesel is automatically your Daddy.

Buying stuff doesn't make you happy, or shouldn't for very long - depending who you ask.

https://www.google.ca/search?safe=o......0...1c.1.64.hp..41.0.0.0.NE9xlzIPC7I#spf=1

Reactions: 1 user

Qdub24

Royal Smart Person
Sep 6, 2006
Columbus, GA
Been on Facebook since it was for college students only; I am as anti-social as they come unless the convo is about football or cars. Buying more cars and parts always makes me happy.
I'm way more of a Paul Walker fan than Vin Diesel, but I do love my 6.4L Hemi.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor