Headlight issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

ELCAM

Royal Smart Person
Jun 19, 2021
I think you are looking for a GM 7832681.

Reactions: 1 user

Baker7888

G-Body Guru
Dec 3, 2021
Maine
When you see the price, perhaps not so awesome. :confused:
Hey so the part came in and I am putting the column back together. I must have moved it or something cause it didnt want to go back together. After playing with the column shift in different positions i got it to slide together. When i tighten down the four hex screws behind the signal switch, it makes my key switch real tight. It would only go into start position maybe 1/4 - 1/2 way. Not enough to trigger starter. If I back them off some then the key has full motion. However it is not tightened down and the top portion of the column (part with key cylinder) has a decent amount of play. Something doesnt seem right. Thoughts?

ELCAM

Royal Smart Person
Jun 19, 2021
Sadly I could post you videos and pdf files and pictures and diagrams for a tilt column all day, yet I have jack **** on a non tilt.

Off the top of my head try removing the lock cylinder with the gear on the end of it tighten the 4 screws make sure the rod in the ignition switch is in off position and install lock cylinder with gear.

Baker7888

G-Body Guru
Dec 3, 2021
Maine
Sadly I could post you videos and pdf files and pictures and diagrams for a tilt column all day, yet I have jack **** on a non tilt.

Off the top of my head try removing the lock cylinder with the gear on the end of it tighten the 4 screws make sure the rod in the ignition switch is in off position and install lock cylinder with gear.
Im not sure what i did but i think i got it

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor