Headlight issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baker7888

G-Body Guru
Dec 3, 2021
Maine
Have you checked the grounds that go from the headlight to the header panel? One of my lamps was going off due to this.
If you mean the ground that is on the body behind the driver headlight then yes, its all cleaned up nice. Bare metal and new eyelet

Reactions: 1 user

Baker7888

G-Body Guru
Dec 3, 2021
Maine
I had a quick sec to pop in the garage. As before the headlights cut out after a few seconds. Sometimes toggling the plunger they come back on. I wanted to try the old switch but i cant for the life of me get the plunger to release. ?????? So i am trying to get the plunger to relase so i can try the old switch but not having any luck for some reason.

I found the culprit of the DS park and marker light not working - bad ground inside park socket. So good there now.

Also here is a pic of my column. This is how i inherited the vehicle. Except
For the tach, gauges and 4 speed which i installed

Attachments

• 08DC14EF-9EE0-486B-9E80-2C6D5C3E7161.jpeg
    08DC14EF-9EE0-486B-9E80-2C6D5C3E7161.jpeg
    595.1 KB · Views: 72

ELCAM

Royal Smart Person
Jun 19, 2021
That's a non tilt column.

Since it is being a pain you might try removing one of the headlights and see if you can determine what make and number it is. Someone might have put really bright headlights in it that the existing wiring will not support.

Baker7888

G-Body Guru
Dec 3, 2021
Maine
That's a non tilt column.

Since it is being a pain you might try removing one of the headlights and see if you can determine what make and number it is. Someone might have put really bright headlights in it that the existing wiring will not support.
They are sylvania 2B1 sealed beam

Gonna keep trying to get this plunger out....practically fell out of the old switch ...

ELCAM

Royal Smart Person
Jun 19, 2021
Those bulbs are fine current draw wise at 35W/65W, so that's not the problem.

Baker7888

G-Body Guru
Dec 3, 2021
Maine
Those bulbs are fine current draw wise at 35W/65W, so that's not the problem.
Okay I had to leave but i found the sweet spot in the plunger and got it out. I *think* i heard sizzling inside the switch before it cut out. But they came back on and went back out a few times after that with no noise. Will try the old switch when i get back and let you know

ELCAM

Royal Smart Person
Jun 19, 2021
While you are out get a new switch. That one sounds like trouble.

Reactions: 1 user

Baker7888

G-Body Guru
Dec 3, 2021
Maine
While you are out get a new switch. That one sounds like trouble.
ELCAM the old switch is back in. There is no loss of headlights. However the rheostat on this switch is broken so i have no dash lights.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor