heat A/C vacuum diagram

Status
Not open for further replies.

willys_truck

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 1, 2009
hey guys I have a problem with my heat /A/C vacuum lines. My heater valve does not have a vacuum line hooked to it. Is the heater valve open or closed with no vacuum? Also, I only get air to the feet, i cannot get air blowing through the vents. Does anyone have a diagram of what hooks where? thanks

fodoimp

Master Mechanic
Oct 8, 2006
Southern New Jersey
I dont have a diagram but I know on my car the white vacuum line that comes out from underneath the heater box is the one that goes to the valve. I am not sure if it is opened or closed with vacuum but if I had to assume I would think the when the valve receives vacuum it is opened. You should have a vacuum canister that has a purple line going to it and a black line that comes off and goes to the engine vacuum source. Not 100% sure mine is the way it came from the factory because I am the 4th owner but I know it works!
alot of the time the heater control is to blame for malfunctioning. The vacuum leaks at the back of the switch and usually has to be replaced.

willys_truck

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 1, 2009
Thanks guys , I got it working. I hooked the violet line to a good vacuum, then I hooked the white line to the heater valve. Still nothing, so I looked behind the glove box, when I move the temp control from hot to cold, the flapper does not move. I closed the heater flapper by hand and everything started working right. So, now i just have to figure out why the temp. control is not moving the flapper like its suppose to. I think that the keeper that holds the cable broke or somthing like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor