Hellcat swapped GN

Status
Not open for further replies.

L92 OLDS

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 30, 2012
West Michigan
Lil bit of know how ,good tires, and a burnout does wonders ,car runs mid 9s low 10s on bare road, 1.60s ft ,there's ATON faster people than that running around ,idk what the big deal is
Thanks for your input but I still don’t believe it .What tire size and type are you running? Care to share your suspension set up? Make me a believer…. I am limited to 15” tires that will fit in my wheel well. Are you saying you have dynoed 700 at the wheel and you don’t have to modulate the throttle from a dig? Show us some pics please!

Turbo Zach

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 8, 2015
Thanks for your input but I still don’t believe it .What tire size and type are you running? Care to share your suspension set up? Make me a believer…. I am limited to 15” tires that will fit in my wheel well. Are you saying you have dynoed 700 at the wheel and you don’t have to modulate the throttle from a dig? Show us some pics please!

Reactions: 2 users

L92 OLDS

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 30, 2012
West Michigan
Thanks Zach,

39F, Very cool pic of your Regal launching! Love it. I have two observations though. You have huge tractor tires that do not fit in your wheel well. Also, even though you are racing on a public road I suspect the surface has been prepped with something. We can move on now. BBC power is impressive. I hope your frame is reinforced. 😳

1636820663191.jpeg

1636820722657.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

39F

G-Body Guru
Sep 9, 2019
Pittsburgh PA
Thanks Zach,

39F, Very cool pic of your Regal launching! Love it. I have two observations though. You have huge tractor tires that do not fit in your wheel well. Also, even though you are racing on a public road I suspect the surface has been prepped with something. We can move on now. BBC power is impressive. I hope your frame is reinforced. 😳

View attachment 186934
View attachment 186935
Those are dirt track racing tires 28/11/15 not tractor tires sound like the mustang guys whining about tire size just joking man.... it's the street I can run what I want ,car isn't mini tubbed or cut up just hang em out ,BTW it will still that on bare concrete road not asphalt tho that's really tricky surface to judge ,but this thread is also about a bad *ss buick gets get back on topic ...least this GN something different done to it guy did great work should be more like it 👍👍🤘🤘

Reactions: 2 users

39F

G-Body Guru
Sep 9, 2019
Pittsburgh PA
I think the junkyard turbo LS has blinded the entire hot rod community. In an OEM application the Dodge Hemi is a monster NA but they are overlooked due the LS and Hellcat.
The port layout is better than an inline valve layout and there is not enough aftermarket support.

There is a Dodge Dart at my track. The owner is a Dodge mechanic and took a junked 5.7L and installed a single turbo. There is still potential for tuning at I saw run a soft launch 9 sec pass at over 140mph.
100% correct there makes people lazy to figure something out outside of the box too

Reactions: 1 user

jlcustomz

G-Body Guru
Nov 22, 2011
I like my 99' LS1/ 6 speed I've had for almost 19 years now, but if a hellcat or 392 Hemi fell into my hands & I was able to spend the time & money, don't think for a second I wouldn't make it fit. My 83 elky with the 2016 camaro nose & 2016 vette rear /widebody is a teeny bit past stock anyways, so why would I care who such a swap would piss off.

That said, what I'd really like for the el camino would be a complete c-8 vette back half with an already modified stand alone wiring harness. I can already tell yall it will fit. my grinders & welders have no reason to bs anybody. I recon I could trade off tire smoke for the potential of being anywhere near the stock 0 to 60 of about 3 seconds. Would also be cool and different to loose the trans hump.
Not sure if any c-8 vette rear drivetrain swaps have been completed yet (haven't checked) , but I'm sure several will happed as the c-8's get totaled.

Almost anything feasible is possible in swaps. I've swapped old different engine as a teenager , as well as rebuilt my first auto trans (th200) without any knowledge, books ,help, etc of internals & had it last a few years of abuse, so anything is possible. New stuff is still just basic strong fab skills & vision, just adding in the other complexities & costs , mainly computer control. As time goes on , people progress & adapt. I'm sure the old 32 Ford generation guys when young never dreamed of normal people doing early 80's efi swaps wire for wire by themselves.

The only thing that kinda pisses me off personally about this regal swap is hearing someone did all that & sold it.

Reactions: 1 users

08Malibu

Royal Smart Person
Feb 9, 2014
North Jersey
I like my 99' LS1/ 6 speed I've had for almost 19 years now, but if a hellcat or 392 Hemi fell into my hands & I was able to spend the time & money, don't think for a second I wouldn't make it fit. My 83 elky with the 2016 camaro nose & 2016 vette rear /widebody is a teeny bit past stock anyways, so why would I care who such a swap would piss off.
That said, what I'd really like for the el camino would be a complete c-8 vette back half with an already modified stand alone wiring harness. I can already tell yall it will fit. my grinders & welders have no reason to bs anybody. I recon I could trade off tire smoke for the potential of being anywhere near the stock 0 to 60 of about 3 seconds. Would also be cool and different to loose the trans hump.
Not sure if any c-8 vette rear drivetrain swaps have been completed yet (haven't checked) , but I'm sure several will happed as the c-8's get totaled.

Almost anything feasible is possible in swaps. I've swapped old different engine as a teenager , as well as rebuilt my first auto trans (th200) without any knowledge, books ,help, etc of internals & had it last a few years of abuse, so anything is possible. New stuff is still just basic strong fab skills & vision, just adding in the other complexities & costs , mainly computer control. As time goes on , people progress & adapt. I'm sure the old 32 Ford generation guys when young never dreamed of normal people doing early 80's efi swaps wire for wire by themselves.

The only thing that kinda pisses me off personally about this regal swap is hearing someone did all that & sold it.
He didn’t sell it.

rogue_ryder

Master Mechanic
Oct 27, 2017
Colorado
I think the junkyard turbo LS has blinded the entire hot rod community. In an OEM application the Dodge Hemi is a monster NA but they are overlooked due the LS and Hellcat.
The port layout is better than an inline valve layout and there is not enough aftermarket support.
Maybe this’ll change with Holley releasing plug and play stand alone ECUs and wiring harnesses for the hemi (I think it’s been out for 2 years now). I know for the longest time it was just far easier to pull off the LS. Now the Hemi might be just as easy probably not as cheap but Mopar and cheap have never went together.

39F

G-Body Guru
Sep 9, 2019
Pittsburgh PA
Maybe this’ll change with Holley releasing plug and play stand alone ECUs and wiring harnesses for the hemi (I think it’s been out for 2 years now). I know for the longest time it was just far easier to pull off the LS. Now the Hemi might be just as easy probably not as cheap but Mopar and cheap have never went together.
How big are the dodge transmissions compared to our transmissions or would an adapter be inorder to fit one of ours tho ? Just out of curiosity

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor