Hellcat swapped GN

Status
Not open for further replies.

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
Sounds like all the roads in PA are prepped or your engine does not produce enough Torque.
Could be ones of those LS motors that only put out 200-300hp u til you're screaming over 6000rpm

Reactions: 1 users

Screwz

Greasemonkey
May 10, 2021
Arkansas
I like the car . But I’m that guy that would cut up an all original car . GM did a good job making cars but they can all be improved.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

Northernregal

Sloppy McRodbender
Oct 24, 2017
Red Deer, Northern Montana territory
he doesn’t have a shop. He’s a regular guy doing it in his spare time. The car is being tuned, and some details ironed out at a shop. I’ve talked with Enrique quite a few times and he’s a cool dude that wanted something different.
Ok, my bad. It just seemed like it was an attention seeker build to me. I totally get the concept, it's just simple.

81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN
There was a gen 3 turbo hemi fox body in the 8's at drag week this year.

Kinda bummed we don't see more gen 3 hemi swaps, especially considering as many 300's, chargers, and 1500 pickups have been sold and how bad they rust out.

Reactions: 4 users

39F

G-Body Guru
Sep 9, 2019
Pittsburgh PA
Sounds like all the roads in PA are prepped or your engine does not produce enough Torque.
Lil bit of know how ,good tires, and a burnout does wonders ,car runs mid 9s low 10s on bare road, 1.60s ft ,there's ATON faster people than that running around ,idk what the big deal is

Reactions: 1 users

Rt Jam

G-Body Guru
Mar 30, 2020
Ontario Canada
There was a gen 3 turbo hemi fox body in the 8's at drag week this year.

Kinda bummed we don't see more gen 3 hemi swaps, especially considering as many 300's, chargers, and 1500 pickups have been sold and how bad they rust out.
I think the junkyard turbo LS has blinded the entire hot rod community. In an OEM application the Dodge Hemi is a monster NA but they are overlooked due the LS and Hellcat.
The port layout is better than an inline valve layout and there is not enough aftermarket support.

There is a Dodge Dart at my track. The owner is a Dodge mechanic and took a junked 5.7L and installed a single turbo. There is still potential for tuning at I saw run a soft launch 9 sec pass at over 140mph.

• Agree
Reactions: 4 users

81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN
I think the junkyard turbo LS has blinded the entire hot rod community. In an OEM application the Dodge Hemi is a monster NA but they are overlooked due the LS and Hellcat.
The port layout is better than an inline valve layout and there is not enough aftermarket support.

There is a Dodge Dart at my track. The owner is a Dodge mechanic and took a junked 5.7L and installed a single turbo. There is still potential for tuning at I saw run a soft launch 9 sec pass at over 140mph.

Totally, engines like the Atlas 4.2 inline 6, 5.6 Nissan v8, Coyote, Gen 3 hemi, ect are killer setups and just haven't caught on in the US and Canada.

Volumes on the LS are killer with truck, SUV, and car, where volumes can be Lower for junk yard donors for other platforms.

I love watching Australian builds because they do so many unique platforms.

Northernregal

Sloppy McRodbender
Oct 24, 2017
Red Deer, Northern Montana territory

If there was some way to control the ZF 8 speed or to find a 6.4 and TR6060 takeout, you'd have a monster on your hands.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor