hello fellow wagon lovers

Status
Not open for further replies.

finkous

Greasemonkey
Sep 3, 2014
Edmonton, Alberta
well sledding season is over, so its back to work on the wagon... I ordered a GM crate motor, the 400hp 350 is a turn key motor so all i have to do is drop it in and put a starter on it. I have a good friend that works for one of the dealerships and the price he gave me was too good to pass up...
I plan to put in a 700R4 transmission to get the overdrive and figure out a good reared ratio.

soon as it dries up a bit i wanna get to the local auto wreckers and start searching for bucket seats and other goodies i can find

I sure am looking forward to reading about everyones ideas and sharing this project i have begun

finkous

Greasemonkey
Sep 3, 2014
Edmonton, Alberta
heres what i'm starting with...
20150318_193527.jpg

81regalxtreme

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 22, 2015
Alberta Canada
Hey that's a good looking Wagon :) Isee you in the Edmonton area I'm out in Two Hills, I'm in the process of fixing my 81 regal(more body work than anything lol)sounds like when they up and running we should meet up and go cruising, anyways I'm keeping an eye on this thread :)

finkous

Greasemonkey
Sep 3, 2014
Edmonton, Alberta
ya for sure... I'm on the hunt for bucket seats and console, mirrors, cowl hood, and some different rims at the moment. so if you have some spare parts or know of anybody, let me know

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
What type of mirrors are you looking for? I have a pair of sport mirrors that came off of my car in case you're interested. I also have a set of OEM corporate/ police caps for rally wheels. If you wanted to retain your rally wheels, but change the appearance alittle.

Last edited:

Longroof79

Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
I have a set of sport mirrors that came off of my car in case you're interested. I also have a set of OEM (rally) corporate/ police caps if you were looking to change the appearance of your wheels.

finkous

Greasemonkey
Sep 3, 2014
Edmonton, Alberta
I'm not sure what the sport mirrors look like, but I am assuming they are the ones that are enclosed in a paintable housing like the ones found on most camaros and firebirds.... I am interested but its the shipping costs, I am pretty sure I can find some here close to home, but I do appreciate the offer :)

finkous

Greasemonkey
Sep 3, 2014
Edmonton, Alberta
I guess its a sign of getting old when you go to the local auto wreckers expecting to find acres of g-body cars and the only only one you find is way at the back and its worse than a vulture picked carcass in the desert... Then I think to myself and remember that these cars aren't 15 yrs old anymore, they're 35ish yikes, where did time go?

Longroof79

Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
No problem.
Yeah, it's getting harder to find G-body parts at the junkyard(s) these days. It seems like not too long ago the yards were abundant with them...sign of the times.
You do see them on occasion, but like you said, they're picked over like a turkey carcass after thanksgiving...or they're totally trashed and the parts are useless.
You have to face reality, these cars are over 30 yrs old and thinning out daily.
It's hit or miss whether you're going to find anything or not. I still enjoy the hunt, though.

ssn696

Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary
Yep. I'd love to send myself a few notes back in time and tell self to save a few more pieces. Like a right rear wagon door.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor