hello fellow wagon lovers

Status
Not open for further replies.

finkous

Greasemonkey
Sep 3, 2014
Edmonton, Alberta
well the engine is ready to be put in this weekend and the cowl hood is ordered, lets the mods begin....
20150413_195553.jpg 20150411_122346.jpg

finkous

Greasemonkey
Sep 3, 2014
Edmonton, Alberta
I hope to get it in for exhaust right after the engine is in and running... can't wait to see how the new power plant works

Rktpwrd

Builder of Cool Shjt
Supporting Member
Feb 2, 2015
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Looking badass Dana!
Super clean ride you've got there. That new powerplant should make that wagon get up and scoot! Keep us posted with all the details. :)
Donovan

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero
Looking good!

finkous

Greasemonkey
Sep 3, 2014
Edmonton, Alberta
well the motor is out and new one on the stand, I've got the A/C box out and I am starting to remove the non A/C box out of the donor wagon... I gotta say thats not an easy job, in fact i might have had a tiny melt down getting the dash out of the donor, good thing it was in rough shape, cause it even worse now after my little hulking out session.... I managed to find some sport mirrors on a 86 grand prix and noticed that the cruise control was a bit different than mine and that the controller isn't on the inner fender anymore, so I might see what it takes to put that on and clean up under the hood a bit

ssn696, I looked at all the window trim and I am sad to tell ya its in rough shape... the sun has not been to friendly to it

ssn696

Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary
Thanks for reporting back! Be careful with the little clips that connect the levers to the rods on the heater unit - if they go flying to infinity and beyond, they may not be easily replaceable.

finkous

Greasemonkey
Sep 3, 2014
Edmonton, Alberta
ya... i did manage to keep them safe altho i do have a few spares.... i did however manage to break the plastic clip on one of the control wires that hold it in place :( after my little melt down i should have quit hahaha

O. D. Showtime

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 6, 2009
Regina Sask. Canada
Well..somehow I managed to miss this post! Welcome from Regina SK....good looking wagon!

I seem to remember a black one listed a few years ago with SS emblems on the fenders...

If you're ever stuck for parts you can't find give me a holler I've got a few bits and pieces here..and can still find the Malibu and Malibu wagons around here.

Kevin

finkous

Greasemonkey
Sep 3, 2014
Edmonton, Alberta
Hey Kev, I bought the car last fall from a guy thats had it for few years and apparently he got it from some guy in Sask. there was no way i could have done another wagon i have to get it to the shape that this one is in for the price i paid, so it was defiantly a good deal and a great car to start with the mods with. I am still looking for a cluster with the factory round gauges and tach, and a floor console

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor