Not open for further replies.

Chris Van

G-Body Guru
Nov 8, 2009
Middle Ga.
woody31 said:
I am surprised no one has mentioned pinion angle,,mine works at a -3*
I run a D-75 compound Hoosier slick
on a wore out motor it ran low 14s high 13s..no spin no wheel hop,,,used g body elcamino rear springs with 2 inch lowering springs up front,,

Pinion angle????
You mean I was supposed to check that??
LOL
I do have double adjustable upper and lower control arms, however when I installed them I set them at the exact same dimensions as the factory control arms and they've been in that position every since. I mean, it works so why change it right.....LOL

GhettoRacingKid

G-Body Guru
Jul 15, 2010
Im a foot braker. 1200rpm and smack the converter.

Cant adjust pinion if you dont have adjustables. Lol. I didnt mention it before because got to get real tires first.

Ill check your compression later. Im out and about.

woody31

Greasemonkey
Feb 5, 2012
i was replying to the o.p. smart *ss,,,and if that is a posi in there ,it is junk,,i saw only one wheel smoking,,you have a bad clutch pak in there or a cracked cone in the diff,,fix the rear end and get a good set of slicks,,and yes you can adjust pinion angle a lil bit,,send a p,m, if you want to know how,,

All Motor Boys

Greasemonkey
Aug 21, 2011
Indianapolis,IN
I dont have upper adjusables. The posi unit works both wheels where spinning. My 3" exhaust stop right before the axle. I just drove the car today both wheels always lay rubber..

GhettoRacingKid

G-Body Guru
Jul 15, 2010
What are the tires your running? Regular street tires. Get yourself some radials or slicks. Go to the track and we can take it from there

Chris Van

G-Body Guru
Nov 8, 2009
Middle Ga.
woody31 said:
i was replying to the o.p. smart *ss,,,and if that is a posi in there ,it is junk,,i saw only one wheel smoking,,you have a bad clutch pak in there or a cracked cone in the diff,,fix the rear end and get a good set of slicks,,and yes you can adjust pinion angle a lil bit,,send a p,m, if you want to know how,,

Excuse me???
I hope your comment wasn't directed at me being a smartass.
There was an "LOL" in there. I was just being funny. You really need to learn to not take everything so serious. Especially on an internet forum.
But if you want to know something serious, pinion angle does nothing but insure the drivetrain is at the proper angle during spring wrapup.

GhettoRacingKid

G-Body Guru
Jul 15, 2010
A 28 inch tire will fit good.

Get yourself some 15 inch rims. You can find weld prostars or draglights pretty cheap on cl

15x8 with 3.5 bs will fit good with a 275 65 tire

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor