Help Me Hook *Video* new link

Status
Not open for further replies.

All Motor Boys

Greasemonkey
Aug 21, 2011
Indianapolis,IN
I dont plan on changing anything engine related right now. The car run good and very responsive I actually drove it on a 6hour road trip.
Edelbrock performer heads #60859 (aluminum)
Lunati Vodoo cam # 60104
Speed pro flat top pistions
Harden push rods and crane 1.6 roller rockers

Started off as a street build gone wild

Thanks for the tips

plmberkevin

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 12, 2013
Carb is to small and put a set of 26" slicks or a DR.What type of fuel pump are you running?With your motor set up with some small changes you should go 12.50 with it.

plmberkevin

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 12, 2013
Whats going to happen is that pump cant supply the demand.I would put a holley black pump on it.The carb i would run would be a 750 vac second.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
with the compression you have I would think you'd be running 110 or at least 104. What is your timing set at?

Chris Van

G-Body Guru
Nov 8, 2009
Middle Ga.
Not to change the subject but with flat top pistons your probably not at 13.anything to 1 compression. Either way, you are headed in the right direction and all pretty good advice posted already.
A G Body suspension will work pretty good as it it. Your 7.5 rear end will be the first to go when you do get the car to hook though. You've gotta get the car to hook before you need to worry about making any adjustments or changing any setups (converters, carbs, etc.). You can do that with a posi and a set of slicks.
I am running about 10.5 to 1 compression and my Cutlass runs high 10's on motor only.
I've been running this car for about 20 years and some of ya'll may be surprised at just how good the stock suspension does work under these cars. I've made upgrades over the years but mostly stock stuff has worked well for me.

All Motor Boys

Greasemonkey
Aug 21, 2011
Indianapolis,IN
My heads are 60cc combustion chamber. Flat top pistons with valve realifs. Dynamic compression is most important.

I built my own motor I oilny speak from experience. My car runs well with the combination i have. Sbc 400 has a different power band then smaller cube engines. In not spinning 7k rmps so I dont see the need of a carb bigger then my 670.

What do you have supsension wise? I want to do the least amout of mods. In not tryimg put several grand in my suspension. I see to many slow cars with too much money in them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor