HELP!Need Hurst shifter help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

canadianGMCgirl

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 27, 2014
Leduc,Alberta,Canada
Hey all I have some problems, my stock shifter and bushings are garbage..so Im buying a Hurst Shifter and install kit...problem is im getting so much wrong info im getting frustrated..best I got so far was I needed comp plus shifter 3918794 and install kit 373-0017 but that install kit is discontinued. yay...so I looked up the shifter diagrams on the Hurst online site..and realized mine isn't the same and think it wont work..so I traced out my shifter and took some pics with the measurements as per the diagrams..only option we found was the stick was 238 0090 and fits shifter 391 5040 or 391 0033 http://www.hurst-shifters.com/wp-content/uploads/Shifterdiagram2.pdf so heres my diagram,anyone that's been through this please feel free to chime in here..its a exspensive mistake I cannot afford..and want to drive my project car in a month..p.s in case you don't know..its a factory 4 speed Bench seat...saganaw..350/v8.

Attachments

• shifter gmc.jpg
    shifter gmc.jpg
    829.1 KB · Views: 477
  • shifter 2.jpg
    shifter 2.jpg
    988.3 KB · Views: 491
Just my opinion based on my own experience with the Hurst Comp Plus shifter that was in my Monte when I bought it and the very expensive Hurst Vertical Gate II Inline shifter that I bought to replace it.Take your stock shifter to a machine shop and get new bushings made and put it back together and keep using it.Hurst manual shifter quality sucks 😢
Guy

got my Hurst shifter..i settled on 3918794 with install kit 3730017...looks like ill need to take her back to a garage to set the linkage correctly and get the best clearance..as we don't have the know how to do it..best to leave this part of the install to a professional....but the shifter looks like it will work with the bench and looks spiffy with the white shifter ball! cant wait...to finish my electrical problem and get her up and running...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor