help please

Status
Not open for further replies.

BBLOCK

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 12, 2010
whats up guys, im having an electrical problem. wondering if anyone could help. when i open my hood the headlights turn off.at the same time the high beam indicator and both turn sigal indicators light up. i noticed that when i close the hood,there is a spark where the latch hits the brace before closing. any ideas?

dr78442

G-Body Guru
Mar 15, 2010
massapequa park NY
Sounds like you missing a ground somewhere. when you close the hood you are grounding the circut which would explain the spark at the hood latch. Check you engine compartment grounds. There are quiet a few gounds on the radiator support. Hope this helps

BBLOCK

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 12, 2010
thanks a ton guys.just found bad ground from battery to the body. i moved it to radiator support. lights now working correctly. would that be the reason i had to jump my car every morning for the past week?

87LS-WITH-AN-LS

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 5, 2010
MIAMI,FL
BBLOCK said:
thanks a ton guys.just found bad ground from battery to the body. i moved it to radiator support. lights now working correctly. would that be the reason i had to jump my car every morning for the past week?
yeah that would cause that....also make sure you have a nice solid ground on the engine block,lots of folks overlook this

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor