Help with rust through floor pans w pics

Status
Not open for further replies.

Geo's66

Master Mechanic
Oct 7, 2014
[attachment=0]Guys, the '78 monte is inching closer to a frame-off even though I swore I wouldn't. Took seats and carpet out thinking I was going to rust seal floors and find this...old fiberglass "patches", rust holes etc... I'll wire wheel tomorrow and post more pics but does anyone know where I get floor Pans for a 78? I suppose I can weld patch these, my concern is where the seat and seat belt hardware screws into floor... What would you do??

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    261.2 KB · Views: 603
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    261.2 KB · Views: 577

Geo's66

Master Mechanic
Oct 7, 2014
Other side under rear seat by wheel well....

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    214 KB · Views: 548

lilbowtie

Comic Book Super Hero
Jan 7, 2006
Canton Mi
They make all kinds of floor pans & patch panels - type in G body floor pans on evil bay for examples.

Geo's66

Master Mechanic
Oct 7, 2014
Ok, found them at Goodmark.. Question, in pic it doesn't appear to have seat braces, etc on the new floor? Is that correct? How Do I reuse and transfer existing seat mounts and bracing to new one? Thanks guys

crucial118

Royal Smart Person
Nov 15, 2008
MARYLAND, DMV
Geo's66 said:
Ok, found them at Goodmark.. Question, in pic it doesn't appear to have seat braces, etc on the new floor? Is that correct? How Do I reuse and transfer existing seat mounts and bracing to new one? Thanks guys
Gotta get a spotweld cutter and go to town. Floor pans don't come with braces and no one makes them, so you have to reuse what you have, or cut out of a donor. That little bit of repair, I would just burn in some sheet metal.

Attachments

• monte floors1.jpg
    monte floors1.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 527

Geo's66

Master Mechanic
Oct 7, 2014
Man, I don't know... Here's another pic... I don't want to creat more work for myself but to me, these seem really shot- but I'm no expert...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    237.8 KB · Views: 481

Geo's66

Master Mechanic
Oct 7, 2014
One more... This already looks like it was patched once... I know where the holes were fiberglassed before...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    269.8 KB · Views: 432

pencero

Royal Smart Person
Feb 20, 2008
Ind.
You could spray a few cans of rhino liner or rustoleum everywhere and pray for another few years if you dont feel like doing all that but obviously those floors have HIV

lilbowtie

Comic Book Super Hero
Jan 7, 2006
Canton Mi
Geo's66 said:

Look further - they make them also.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor