Help!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
Did you even read this?
And, I hope that's not the fuel system all over the place. That thing looks like a fire waiting to happen.

That is a good point, there must be some great books on the subject but it's so much easier to post uninformed questions on a forum than it is to read a few good books a few times.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
If your making close to 850 HP you need to do a lot of upgrading. Glad to here your installing a cage - done right it will stiffen the frame. While you are at it box the frame - it's weak. Weld your rear control arm mounts in (not the greatest from factory) and while your there add rear control arm mount bracing they sell kits. You also need more rear end, sell the 8.5 before you break it. Upgrade your drive shaft, google driveshaft critical RPM - PST has a nice chart.

Where can I find this kit?

Nate,
I'm in the same boat as you. But I'm trying to dial in traction with the tune/traction control. I'd assume you're running a stock ECM, correct? What injectors? I can see dual 044's. Still with the S475? What cam?
We also are boxing the frame, installing a cage and driveshaft loops over the winter. My guess (GUESS ONLY) would be that you're launching too hard on stockish susension.

I will agree with others about the safety end of things, and your tuner. I won't run a 1/4 due to 140+ mph in a G-body without all of the aforementioned upgrades scares the hell out of me. I've tried to datalog through 3rd gear, but I give up at 130mph

Are you datalogging? Do you have any slips or vids?

Reactions: 1 user

lilbowtie

Comic Book Super Hero
Jan 7, 2006
Canton Mi

Google it - I believe I got mine from Trick Chassis. There are weld in upper and lowers but I couldn't use the lowers with what I did.

brace.jpg

brace2.jpg

regal brace.JPG

Reactions: 1 user

Gbodynate

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 6, 2018
If any one wants to add me on face book I have vids this sight wont let me post vids fpr one reason or another my name is Nathan friend

Gbodynate

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 6, 2018

Nate,
I'm in the same boat as you. But I'm trying to dial in traction with the tune/traction control. I'd assume you're running a stock ECM, correct? What injectors? I can see dual 044's. Still with the S475? What cam?
We also are boxing the frame, installing a cage and driveshaft loops over the winter. My guess (GUESS ONLY) would be that you're launching too hard on stockish susension.

I will agree with others about the safety end of things, and your tuner. I won't run a 1/4 due to 140+ mph in a G-body without all of the aforementioned upgrades scares the hell out of me. I've tried to datalog through 3rd gear, but I give up at 130mph

Are you datalogging? Do you have any slips or vids?
I am running stock ecm swapping to megga squirt and new injectors stock injectors decaped running 80 lbs or somthing like that can't remember npw but I am running 77 lbs fuel pressure to up the flow

Gbodynate

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 6, 2018
Testing turbo ls g body no traction. Type that in and you should find a scrap leave first gear and there will be more
Screenshot_2017-11-04-02-30-33.png

Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor