hey elky guys i need some help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tim1970

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 29, 2007
Hey guys anyone happen to have a center a/c vent assembly they can part with ..mine crumbled apart when i removed it! also anyone put in a big block? i have a chance to acquire a 396 ..how hard is it? anything special needed?

ryanelco

Apprentice
May 9, 2007
i think i have what you are looking for. which center vent style do you have? is it a small rectangle with 2 vents or is it two vents glued to the back of a long peice of plastic that lays into the dash? it also depends upon what year your car is so let me know. as far as a big block, there are a few things i can think of; motor mounts, and depending upon how much work is done to the 396 a transmission and and rear to handle the power. you might also need a new heater box that will clear the larger motor.

Tim1970

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 29, 2007
Hey Ryan.. its an 80 it has the small rectangle with the 2 vents....thanks for your input!

ryanelco

Apprentice
May 9, 2007
oh ok i had the same but i put a new dash in and my car so it has the long peice of plastic in there, if i come across one i will let you know. also i am getting an 86 el camino tomorrow, so if there are any other parts you need let me know.

GP403

Administrator
Site Admin
Feb 25, 2005
Rolla, MO
Dudes, a BBC will fit without going to town cutting stuff up! Argh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor