MONTE CARLO Hiding Spark Plug Wires

Status
Not open for further replies.

rmorman

Greasemonkey
Jun 5, 2008
Perry, IA
Thanks guys! I appreciate all the ideas!

I actually prefer not to hide my spark plug wires and I feel if you lay them out good and make them yourself they can actually add to the look of the engine IMO View attachment 90354

If my engine looked THAT good I might not try and hid them either!

I just REALLY like the clean look and I have enough cable to hide them.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

GuysMonteSS

Royal Smart Person
May 21, 2011
Kentville,Nova Scotia,Canada
I also like the look of well laid out plug wires.
I bought a roll of Taylor 10.4 mm plug wire and Moroso looms and made my own custom length wires;
DSC_0292 (2016_04_18 13_36_38 UTC).JPG

I like them going behind the valve covers rather than over the top.
Guy

Reactions: 1 users

Streetbu

Know it all, that doesn't
Supporting Member
May 22, 2011
Central NY
Streetbu, where did you get the looms that are located next to the rocker cover? Are they the ones that attach to the holes in the cylinder heads? Also, I'm planning a serpentine conversion on my Malibu, which will end up looking like yours. Do you remember the part number for the belt that you have used? Thank you.

The looms are from R&M specialties. Think i bought them thru Jegs. The belt is just a standard replacement belt for a '95 Silverado, which is what I got the serpentine system off of. Any questions just pm me and illIbe glad to help!

clean8485

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 18, 2005
Ontario, Canada
The looms are from R&M specialties. Think i bought them thru Jegs. The belt is just a standard replacement belt for a '95 Silverado, which is what I got the serpentine system off of. Any questions just pm me and illIbe glad to help!
Thanks very much Streetbu. I appreciate your help.

DTra1n

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 20, 2015
I like when spark plug wiring is shown off... I hate all the damn vacuum hoses though. Ugh.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
When I ran the wires under the headers I used zip ties to hold and separate the wires, now that I run them over the headers I use zip ties to hold and separate the wires.

• Haha
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor