MONTE CARLO High Fuel Pressure

Status
Not open for further replies.

YungFlip43

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 16, 2018
I just had two ports on the sender I had so I used the 5/16 vapor return that has the check valve and line reducer. I didn't realised that valve was there and that caused the pressure to sit at 80 lbs. I removed the sender and cut the pipe so it was an open 5/16" port. After that the pressure was fine at 43 lbs and I can regulate it up or down from there if needed, after that I changed it to GN tank with with the in tank pump
And it’s funny bc iAsked the rep could iRun it to 5/16 and cut the valve, then run the vent line to the 1/4 and add my external ROV. They never wrote back lol. I’m going to put an external checc valve between regulator and rails. It started so well when that pressure held lol.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
I didn't add any check valves, I installed it the way the instructions were cause I figured the manufacturer knew more than I did

Reactions: 1 users

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
Crazy, right? Thanks for confirming that for the me.

Just to make sure I did not confirm you are crazy...being crazy does not qualify me to be an expert on the elite characteristic of intelligent beings... :cool:

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

YungFlip43

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 16, 2018
Just to make sure I did not confirm you are crazy...being crazy does not qualify me to be an expert on the elite characteristic of intelligent beings... :cool:
iDont kno if there’s a way to tag people, but guess what the issue was??
FOULED PLUGS 🔌 lol

YungFlip43

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 16, 2018
Don't see how that would affect fuel pressure..???
Oh oops iDidnt mention the car wouldn’t start after iSwitched those lines? Well it wouldn’t. That’s what I’m referring to with the plugs. iSwapped the regulator also since iHad another one. I’ll see if it does the same thing once iPull some fuel from my tune.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
Don't see how that would affect fuel pressure..???

I'm thinking the no start issue was fixed with new plugs......we don't know how the fuel problem was solved

iDid the swap of the lines as Spectra stated and now the car wont even start lololol. Ill swap them back on Sun and see if that caused the no start or something else.

YungFlip43

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 16, 2018
I'm thinking the no start issue was fixed with new plugs......we don't know how the fuel problem was solved
I’m not sure it was a fuel problem now. Does your pressure drop with the way you have your lines without a check valve? Mines was dropping slowly and would randomly hold at 40psi and other levels. This morning it was at like 30psi. But later today iWent to put a new tune in the car pulling a little fueling and iHeard and felt something when iTried to start it with my current tune one last time. Went to look at the fuel pressure gauge and it was at 0. So iPrimed it and it immediately went to zero. Pulled the rail, as iDid yesterday to verify no leaking injectors, and behold iHave a 2nd leaking injector now (had this issue when iFirst installed my gauge).

• Wow
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor