High Speed Explosion

Status
Not open for further replies.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
you must have forgotten what you said...you didn't say your transmission exploded...you said:

"At that point the driveshaft twisted, and the torque on the splines in the driveshaft yoke was strong enough to rip the transmission off the engine."

and my explanation for that?....like I said...your story is just a tall tale...

mkiiisupra

Master Mechanic
Dec 28, 2008
Versailles, KY
This will be the last warning for everyone. I will lock this topic if it doesnt cease immediately. I find it amazing that grown men act this way some times. Let's put our differences, feelings, beliefs, right wing stands, what have you, aside and get along.

gto78

Greasemonkey
Jan 2, 2010
Port St Lucie, Florida
mkiiisupra said:
This will be the last warning for everyone. I will lock this topic if it doesnt cease immediately. I find it amazing that grown men act this way some times. Let's put our differences, feelings, beliefs, right wing stands, what have you, aside and get along.

Exactly my point, I don't understand why pontiacgp is allowed to consistantly go into this topic and call me a liar, over and over and over and over.... and again like I keep stating, other members have the same problem with pontiacgp, HE is the problem, HE needs to be locked out of this thread. This thread is perfect without him, and would be absolutely perfect if he'd just go away. This is what happens when he comes in and calls me a liar. I've defended myself as anyone would be expected to after being called a liar. Now other members have come in to help make jokes and lighten the situation up, but the fact still remains that once again pontiacgp has derailed this topic and completely thrown it off course. a week or two ago he did the same thing and you had to delete a few of his posts. I think it's fairly obvious he has a real problem and he needs to go away from this forum.

I'm extremely disapointed in this whole situation, seriously. I'm not some dumb kid being told what to do, I'm an adult, and a professional, and I'm the one looking down on others here- I'm the one that's disappointed. This is rediculous

gto78

Greasemonkey
Jan 2, 2010
Port St Lucie, Florida
pontiacgp said:
you must have forgotten what you said...you didn't say your transmission exploded...you said:

"At that point the driveshaft twisted, and the torque on the splines in the driveshaft yoke was strong enough to rip the transmission off the engine."

and my explanation for that?....like I said...your story is just a tall tale...

pontiacgp, this is the 4th or 5th time I'm asking you- what do you think caused the transmission to rip itself off the car, and what do you think twisted the driveshaft into a little pretzel, and what do you think blew a hole in my floor, broke the console in half, and broke the starter off of my engine block? What do you think broke my distributor, broke the u-joint, destroyed my exhaust system, bent the flywheel, and destroyed the torque converter? What do you think cracked the back of my engine block, and broke my fan shroud? I'm asking you for the last time. If you don't have a helpful opinion than just say you DONT KNOW, and move on. But do not call me a liar simply because you don't know the answer.

I admit that when it first exploded we all thought it was the transmission that just locked which caused the rear to twist up the drive shaft, and somehow the transmission exploded. However a few days later when the rear locked again and I found that broken pin, that was the missing piece to my puzzle and it all made sense.

So far for all these years I've never had any doubt what caused the problem, and now you suddenly show up and instead of offering some friendly help of what you think may have been the real cause- instead you just spew out the words "BS", and "Tall Tale". So for the last time, what do you think caused the explosion >?????

hotrod87

Greasemonkey
Jan 30, 2010
Plainfield, IN
Hey any of you guys seen what a clutch does to a car when it comes through the floor?

gto78

Greasemonkey
Jan 2, 2010
Port St Lucie, Florida
lol, yeah exactly. If I go back to racing more often I'll put a shield around the bellhousing just for that purpose.

gto78

Greasemonkey
Jan 2, 2010
Port St Lucie, Florida
That was my reaction too, lol, funny stuff. Unfortunately I'm feeling some heat for that comment even though I didn't make the comment. Even though it's pretty funny and creative, and obviously meant to be funny and not a personal attack, it probably had to be made in some other part of the forum like general discussion, or a comedian section or something.

So now lets get back to G body tales... no talking about fruit allowed in this discussion- although fruits are welcomed to reply to the discussion.

JOE

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor