HOLLEY 670 CFM Street Avenger Carburetor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bumpin1ohmSS

Royal Smart Person
Jun 17, 2008
Cali to Az
deathproof said:
Does the 670 feel faster or better in any way? just curious i have the same engine in my malibu.

YES!! :D It did pep it up a bit. Throttle response was alot better. That could just be me, but it does feel snappier. I have an Edelbrock Performer intake on there also. Thinking and RPM airgap would be a better choice. But yeah. It did have a lil better get up and gusto.. :mrgreen:

Elco Warren 8)
80zBabiezCC

mike87442

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 9, 2010
homer glen illinois
The street avenger is an awesome carb just bolt it on and go,I have the electric choke version and it works great

whiskybent

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 22, 2010
mike87442 said:
The street avenger is an awesome carb just bolt it on and go,I have the electric choke version and it works great
Thanks for the info mike,thats the one i am lookin at buying with the electric choke.

Blake442

Geezer
Apr 24, 2007
Minneapolis
I've heard rave reviews from every single person I've talked to that has/is using a Holley Street Avenger.
I was about to put one on my 455, but I wanted mechanical secondaries so I went with a 4150.

You may want to get the 770 cfm instead of the 670 version depending on your particular motor...

monte olrac

G-Body Guru
Feb 11, 2009
Wichita damn Falls Tx.
I currently using a 770 street avenger, it was a upgrade from my 670 street avenger, I love them both but i did have to do some tuning for my application nothing hard i need bigger squirters and pump cam but i love them i just wish i got a 870 instead of the 770

JBreu

Royal Smart Person
Jul 15, 2008
Livonia, New York
Like others, I too have heard great things about the street avenger..If I didn't get such a sweet deal on my Holley 750 dp I woulda went with the 770 Street avenger ....for a 455 I think the smallest you would wanna go is the 770, 670 too small for that bigum of a motor... 8)

Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
770 for sure on a 455.

whiskybent

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 22, 2010
From the reviews it looks like the holley would be a good carb...but i called jegs last nite to order one and the salesman told me i was better off with my Edelbrock 750.He asked why i would want to get rid of a trouble free carb like an edelbrock to switch to a Holley that i would always have to be messing with. He said all the sales people would tell me the same thing from all the customers they deal with that complain about the holley carbs. :roll:

JBreu

Royal Smart Person
Jul 15, 2008
Livonia, New York
whiskybent said:
From the reviews it looks like the holley would be a good carb...but i called jegs last nite to order one and the salesman told me i was better off with my Edelbrock 750.He asked why i would want to get rid of a trouble free carb like an edelbrock to switch to a Holley that i would always have to be messing with. He said all the sales people would tell me the same thing from all the customers they deal with that complain about the holley carbs. :roll:

I got rid of my Eddyjunk 650n carb for my Holley 750 dp......They aren't bad for a weekend cruiser. If you plan on any performance at all, I'm thinking you are with that 455 in your G-Body, sell it and grab the Street Avenger.... 8)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor